What's new

Big Thanks to doc226

I like to take this opportunity and publicly acknowledge and thank doc226 for his ongoing and selfless mentoring he has provided for me. Over the last few months he has given me an invaluable advice on straight razors, hones and honing skills. Not to mention that I was able to buy some of his outstanding razors and he also honed some of my razors as well. He offered to take professional quality pictures of razors I was trying to sell.

I can't say enough how much I appreciate his help. My countless email questions get always answered immediately. Without his mentoring I would be utterly lost in the whole confusing world of honing.

It's people like doc226 that make B&B a much more than a hobby forum that the Internet is full of.

Yup, a real fine guy, and a great resource for us all. Hate to call a friend a "resource," but Doc just keeps on helping out where he can, or where you otherwise let him.

Yes, Alfredo is a great guy and a fine mentor; he helped me out a lot when I was starting out with straights. Another member, Obiwan, who is also local to me (as is Alfredo), also helped me a great deal and both gentleman helped me learn a lot, much faster than I would have on my own.

What is great about having these guys helping is that when one is brand new to all of this, at least these guys (and quite a few others on this forum of course) will steer you toward something that works. In other words, pick up a straight from them or have one honed and you can be quite confident that the razor will shave. In a lot of cases, newbies are so ignorant (no insult intended- we were all newbies at some point) really have no idea if the hardware / software they are trying to use will even work. Think about all the folks that buy brand new, 'brand name' razors that are not really shave- ready.

Brian

I like to take this opportunity and publicly acknowledge and thank doc226 for his ongoing and selfless mentoring he has provided for me. Over the last few months he has given me an invaluable advice on straight razors, hones and honing skills. Not to mention that I was able to buy some of his outstanding razors and he also honed some of my razors as well. He offered to take professional quality pictures of razors I was trying to sell.

I can't say enough how much I appreciate his help. My countless email questions get always answered immediately. Without his mentoring I would be utterly lost in the whole confusing world of honing.

It's people like doc226 that make B&B a much more than a hobby forum that the Internet is full of.

I concur with everything said about Alfredo above. He has been a tremendous help to me (continues to be) and I consider him a mentor. He is always selfless with advice and the edges he does aren't bad either... :thumbup:

A real class act for sure.

Big thanks to Doc for sure. Alfredo is a stand out member of this forum. I appreciate all his help, from honing an exceptional edge, beautiful rescales, and most importantly, enabling my AD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom