What's new

losion hamamelis sandal

ok so I went to dubrovnik and found this aftershave. it's a dense cream. at first I didn't like the smell I though it was too woody, now months later I'm like mmmm woody. I like the smell and that it helps to reduce irritation, has no menthol (that's a plus for me) and it's somewhat astringent
so anybody knows where I can get this one online? or maybe what would be a good replacement? a real sandalwood + witch hazel aftershave lotion with no alcohol or menthol

how about now
proxy.php

ok so I went to dubrovnik and found this aftershave...
OK, I have to ask, how was the soap?
What other shaving stuff did you see while visiting Dubrovnik?
Can you take more pictures of the soaps and cream? Ingredients list in particular?

Thanks for posting.

the first soap, the sandalwood one, I just used it after some months. first starting lathering in my subirachi bowl but failed, the lather was super airy don't know why (maybe too much water at first). so i took what was left of the lather in the brush, rubbed the soap directly on my face, then used a synthetic brush a la plisson knot to face lather. the lather formed like it was supposed to.
the smell is very faint, and nothing like the after shave, but not bad, lasts till the end. the lather is cushiony and very very slick. after the first pass I added some water on my face with my finger to feel what was left and felt super soapy slick, I could do another pass just on the left over slickness but meh, I have the brush and stuff ready.
so 3 passes with the super adjustable set on 3 with feather blades. some weepers (prob due to the feather blade, I don't usually get weepers with other blades), and in the end some irritation. I think it was some brush burn instead of razor burn, because I'm not used to face lathering
conclusion: best for face lathering, very slick (on par with tabac and jermyn street, but lighter, I feel the jermyn leftover a bit sticky), smells good but nothing going to your top 10 smells. When I go back to dubrovnik I'll get some more (if I don't find how to get it online)

show me the kunas
show me the kunas

the first soap, the sandalwood one...
The soap and aftershave look really good. I was expecting you to have these results with the soap, due to the ingredients listed. I wouldn't expect good looking lather but a great performer. The BestByDate is only 2017 because the soap doesn't have preservatives.

...if I don't find how to get it online...

If you find it on-line, please post the link over here.
Thanks again.

Witch hazel based non alcoholic aftershaves are very rare in the EU. I very much look forward to an online store, so please if you know any do post!

Ok I'm a tad slow. it's right there on the sticker. manufactured by sapunoteka. just found then on Facebook and wrote them to see if they can sell online

Guys, I'm sorry to tell you this but Sapunoteka's shaving soap is a piece of crap. It is very embarrassing that company claims this as a shaving soap because it could be only used for pre-shave.

I didn't try ASB, but I'm sure it is good regarding to another Croatian manufacturers BioBaza ASB that is fantastic and not expensive.

Mentioned charcoal soap is also made by BioBaza and it claims for face wash and shaving, but trust me shaving is surely not a purpose of this soap. On the other hand, for face wash and pre-shave is more than good.

Cheers!

Top Bottom