What's new

Yet another newbie!

Hi everyone,

I'm a 49 year old male living in the burbs of Stockholm, Sweden. I've been wet shaving now for approximately one month and have been slowly falling into a good routine as I get better at mapping out my face's hair growth. My first attempt using a Mühle R106 with Feather blades and Proraso White cream (and shaving directly after shower) produced one big nick and a myriad of smaller nicks and a bit of razor burn. That was after only one pass! These days I can easily do two or three passes and escape without nicks or razor burn.

I find now the worst (best) part of wet shaving is that I have become a collector of all the soaps, creams, razors, oils, balms, brushes, etc... It never ends!

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Sir, congrats on switching to wet shaving and welcome to B&B. The never-ending collection is called RAD and many of us here have this "good illness"!

Hello and welcome! I am 48 and just started DE shaving myself. Don't foresee saving any money, but do foresee a great new hobby.

Hello and welcome to B&B. This is a super forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You will learn a lot here.

I started earlier this year at 55, so you are ahead of the curve. Your progress sounds typical and I know you are enjoying the great shaves.

Welcome to B&B. This place is like a University of Shaving Alchemy. Be studious, be forthcoming, the knowledge will be immense!!!

Welcome to the B & B forum! Lots of shavers here with years of experience they are willing to share. I know you will enjoy the free exchange of information!

Hi everyone,

I'm a 49 year old male living in the burbs of Stockholm, Sweden. I've been wet shaving now for approximately one month and have been slowly falling into a good routine as I get better at mapping out my face's hair growth. My first attempt using a Mühle R106 with Feather blades and Proraso White cream (and shaving directly after shower) produced one big nick and a myriad of smaller nicks and a bit of razor burn. That was after only one pass! These days I can easily do two or three passes and escape without nicks or razor burn.

I find now the worst (best) part of wet shaving is that I have become a collector of all the soaps, creams, razors, oils, balms, brushes, etc... It never ends!

Anyway, I look forward to getting to know all of you!

How is your face mapping so far?

Top Bottom