What's new

Just tried the fat

I've tried almost everything else, but I stayed away from MWF because I'm on well water. I do have a water softener, though, so I gave it a shot.

Mashed down a shredded sample into a mug, filled it with water, and let my brush soak in there too while I showered. Poured off the water, left the brush pretty wet, and loaded it up.

Absolutely explosive lather. Who knew....

As for the shave, it was likely the slickest lather I've felt. I get why it has a cult following. I did feel a little bit of a funny tingle that might have been the lanolin, but it was minor.

Probably the best hard soap I've used. I'll take the lanolin tingle over the Tabac stink any day. MWF just smells how shaving should smell.

I've got my first MWF shaving soap coming this week. I've heard nothing but stellar reviews of it so I'm hoping it is as good with me. I've heard the smell is fairly mild. Is that so?

I once heard the scent of MWF described as "Victorian laundry" and that sums it up pretty well. The scent's pretty mild and it's one I never tire of, in fact I use MWF most of the time, other soaps just get guest spots. The outstanding performance doesn't hurt any either.

Great soap, lasts forever, but I got bored with the scent after about 6 months, and turned it into a shower soap. (it was damn good at that too)

I once heard the scent of MWF described as "Victorian laundry" and that sums it up pretty well. The scent's pretty mild and it's one I never tire of, in fact I use MWF most of the time, other soaps just get guest spots. The outstanding performance doesn't hurt any either.

I like that description, Chris.

Love it. Tho won't deny the lather can be tricky, and once you dialed it in you may still have off days where it just isnt working. But when it works... Its like hearing angels singing in the background

Last month I finished my second MWF puck. I saw it fade and die with growing sorrow. I so wish that I could buy another one. I miss it very much. :sob:

BUT I do have a whole cabinet of unused soaps and creams from DR Harris/TOBS/T&H/Nivea/Figaro and many other. That along with a lot of good used soaps like Tabac, La Toja, Coloniali, Proraso, DR Harris, TOBS, LEA, Arko and others.

In short I DON´T NEED another soap, I´ve already got a stock that will last me into the 2020´s. I know that, if I restock on MWF I´ll probably stick to it and Tabac and leave the others collecting dust.

OK I´ll probably hold out another month until I order a new MWF, this time with the porcelan bowl. And yes I will feel bad about my soap stock. So many soaps and just one shave a day. It´s stressful.

Tried MWF for the first time today and must say i am very impressed with this soap. I had no problems lathering with it. In fact i found that it lathered quite easily, and richly so, using my Omega boar brush and the usual amount of water. I am not fussy about the scent of shaving products, though i am a confessed fragrance addict, but of the spray or splash-on kind. MWF smells like soap, is all i can say. MWF does what it was produced to do, and does it very well. Now i "get" the hype or, better still, the well-deserved acclaim.

MWF is my daily driver, every now and then I try something new only to realize why MWF is my daily driver.

Top Bottom