What's new

Clubman talc users? Other talcs?

I used a little Clubman talc on my neck today (after a splash of Clubman original) and have to say my neck feels amazing. I originally picked some up as sometimes my neck becomes irritated from collared shirts. Granted my technique is improving since I'm still only 35-ish shaves into this adventure, but dang...this feels good!

My question is about using it with the other splashes. Is it best combined with Clubman original since the scents match? Are there any unscented talcs out there so you can splash away? My instinct says Clubman talc on top of VIBR wouldn't turn out very well.

I have some TOBS talcs that I just got last month. The one I've tried is Eton College. The projection seems mild/low enough that I wouldn't worry about pairing it with a different scent for AS or EdT. I haven't tried the Clubman. I imagine there are unscented talcs, probably marketed as baby powder (although normal baby powder does have a light scent).

Off topic. but I always share my favorite Vaudeville joke in every talc thread.

Man: "Could you show me where the talcum powder is located?"
Clerk: "Sure! Just walk this way!"
Man: "If I could walk that way I wouldn't need any talcum powder!"

<rimshot>
I find Clubman Talc especially nice on the back of my neck when I return from the barbershop. Oddly, they don't brush on talc in-shop. The scent is almost negligible. On those mornings I have a less than pleasant shaving result on my neck and throat, a light dusting soothes. As for pairing with aftershaves, outside of the Clubman line, which is already "powdery", I've had no issues with the Talc and Aqua Velva Sport.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback...and the joke! I really like the Clubman powder but will pick up some Gold Bond just to experiment. Aftershaves are my first AD (depending on the auction results, I may have another one brewing) and I don't want to create a fragrance disaster.

How great my neck feels really got my attention. I'm getting better at it, but oddly enough if I've had irritation issues, they tend to come on slowly. Initial impressions are "great shave" and then changing my opinion a couple of hours later. Fortunately those shaves are becoming less frequent but the powder dusting this morning was great.

It may not always be your shave that causes irritation. If you sweat or have kind of a tight collar, you could get irritation there with the best (or no) shave. I used to have the same shave every day with an electric, but only some days did my collar bother me. I wish I had known about talc then.

<rimshot>
I find Clubman Talc especially nice on the back of my neck when I return from the barbershop. Oddly, they don't brush on talc in-shop. The scent is almost negligible. On those mornings I have a less than pleasant shaving result on my neck and throat, a light dusting soothes. As for pairing with aftershaves, outside of the Clubman line, which is already "powdery", I've had no issues with the Talc and Aqua Velva Sport.

Thanks for the intel. I tried it with Ice Blue today and it works great. I even wore one of my starched shirts today as a test and it has totally solved my issue. Big fan of the talc.

I work in a hospital and we never use powders because they end up being a breeding ground for infections. Granted, we're dealing far below the face but......,

I picked a full bottle of English Leather at a thrift store for $1 a while ago. I usually used it for the under kilt area only.
Recently, I picked up a bottle of Clubman.
I still use the talc on the under kilt area & sometimes the trunk.

Top Bottom