What's new

What is this blade and should I give it another shot?

$photo (1).jpg
I ordered a sample pack and included were two of these blades, not in a box, so I am not sure what they are. I have had good shaves with Astra Platinum, Lord Platinum, and 7 O'clock SS. When I tried this one today, it felt like it was tugging rather than slicing. It was a terrible shave.
Should I give this another go? And what is this blade?

Last edited:
I've never used it. There are plenty of good blades around, so if you feel like one underperforms it is easy enough to throw it aside for awhile while you use other blades that work better for you. You can return to the Supermax again at a later stage if you want to give it another shot. I have at least a dozen different types of blades in my shave den, but have only used 2 brands in the last 2 years.

​You could try it in a different razor it might work better for you. But if you don't have another razor to try it in don't torture your self.

Super Max is an Indian blade and this is the most basic version, which i personally do not recommend even in India. The Super Max Platinums in its various avatars are smooth and sharp. They are pretty popular around this forum, someone will come along soon and add !$DSC_0608.jpg

I haven't used the one in the OP picture.
But I have used some of the other variants. The premium blades (platinum and above) are very good. The lower grades are not great.

Top Bottom