What's new

On your cooking Want List?

What's on your Want List?

Here's what's on mine. She's been on my Want List for ten months, the Vollrath 20 quart brazier. Would love to fire this up for lamb shanks on Easter.

$image.jpg

http://www.foodservicewarehouse.com/vollrath/3320/p361363.aspx

- A meat/deli slicer
- a new food processor.

And since it seems to be turning into that type of thread, they both can be delivered in person by French Food At Home's Laura Calder:
proxy.php

I seem to just have to have a sausage stuffer. Seems like single application appliance that I will not use that often, and I do not need to be eating any more fatty meat than I do, and I scare myself that I might be getting into dried sausages in that I my poison myself, family, and friends, but I seem to have to have one!

I seem to just have to have a sausage stuffer. Seems like single application appliance that I will not use that often, and I do not need to be eating any more fatty meat than I do, and I scare myself that I might be getting into dried sausages in that I my poison myself, family, and friends, but I seem to have to have one!

Here's a website that may allay some of your fears http://www.meatsandsausages.com/meat-smoking. When you think about it none of us would be here if all the old food preservation techniques were as dangerous as the folks who make a living selling us processed foods would like us to believe. My grandparents on both sides made it through a significant portion of their lives without much in the way of refrigeration and they lived well off the route of the iceman, too.

The top of my want list is a new kitchen. We are in the midst of buying a house and will most likely be doing a full renovation. The kitchen will get a lot of attention during the planning. Most likely a double oven will be installed and a 6 burner hotplate.
I'm looking forward to the end result. The planning, building and paying parts not so much.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The KD are just beautiful works of art.

You're not kidding. Over the past ten years, they've been out of stock of the most popular models of Hattori for seemingly 80% of the time. The HD are good knives, and may feel more familiar to those coming over from German knives with their thicker 3mm spine.

You may also want to look at the Blazen powdered steel (a bit more) or the Hiromoto AS (an absolute steal).

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
You're not kidding. Over the past ten years, they've been out of stock of the most popular models of Hattori for seemingly 80% of the time. The HD are good knives, and may feel more familiar to those coming over from German knives with their thicker 3mm spine.

You may also want to look at the Blazen powdered steel (a bit more) or the Hiromoto AS (an absolute steal).

The Hiromoto AS are in stock and the prices are a confoundingly good. Even the Vg series are affordable.

Top Bottom