What's new

On your cooking Want List?

If you are single how hard can it be to wash your dishes by hand.

If you were single you'd let the dishwasher do the job it was designed to do! Me as well. My wife comes from a long line of "get it clean so the appliance doesn't have to" people. I think that mindset comes from back in the day when dishwashers weren't as good. Heck, the new ones even have disposals in the bottom.

If you were single you'd let the dishwasher do the job it was designed to do! Me as well. My wife comes from a long line of "get it clean so the appliance doesn't have to" people. I think that mindset comes from back in the day when dishwashers weren't as good. Heck, the new ones even have disposals in the bottom.

I used to have your attitude, but I have found that our dishwasher, a fairly expensive, modern Jenn Air model, which apparently achieves part of its efficiency from using relatively small amounts of water, cycled round and round, clogs up easily when there is any amount of food left on the dishes. Not exactly progress in dishwasher design in my opinion.

I want a flat top griddle that isn't nonstick, like in a diner. I want to be able to chop up beef for Cheesesteaks using the spatulas, and use it for breakfast meals - some bacon eggs, pancakes, and nice crispy hash browns 'scattered and smothered'.

Last edited:
I want a Boardsmith butcher's block. I have my eye on the 16" x 22" maple block. I just bought a pricey new chef's knife, so it seems like the perfect time for this. It seems smart to ask them to leave the feet off and cut a groove on one side. That way I'll have a double-sided board with one side set for carving juicy meat.

Want, want, want!

Top Bottom