What's new

Great starter Razor

I just PIFed my brother in law a boar brush and an Arko shave stick. He wants a DE razor. He wants to try DE shaving and asked me find him a razor. I'm thinking of the EJ DE 89

Any suggestions please let me know.

Thanks

Rockero

I was told to try the Gillette knack or Schick krona to start... I got them both. I LOVE THEM.
The Gillette knack has a super speed head if I am not mistaken, or a tech (the handle is longer and hard plastic). They go between 8- 16 or so bucks.

Great suggestions above. I'd personally gift him with a Gillette Super Speed. Classic razor and they can be had for not very much at all. I love all of mine, especially when I load it up with a sharper blade, like a Black or a Feather.

I think the EJ DE89 is a perfect starter razor. All the other ones above are great too, but who knows if your brother in law would appreciate a "used" razor. The Feather Popular is a nice razor (and TTO, too).

+1 for edwin jagger de89 razors. They are excellent, moderate aggressive and yet forgiving.
They look so amazing, they literally ask you to pick them up and take em for a spin!

For a newbie who doesn't know whether or not he'll actually stick with it or not, I would go low cost for starters. I started with the Feather Popular, which is a very inexpensive and mild starter. If I had it to do over again, I would probably go with a vintage Tech or Superspeed, which can be found at similar prices, but I've heard while still mild, are better shavers than the Feather Popular. The alternative is to go with something a little more expensive that you would be willing to buy from him if he decided he didn't like it.

Top Bottom