What's new

Razor Blade Case?

Does anyone know where I can get some sort of razor blade case? Not a vintage metal one. I'd like some type of plastic/polymer case. I typically buy blades in the bulk 100 packs, but I travel a lot for work (regionally, driving). I'd like to find a simple and functional way to keep 2-3 blades in my shaving kit without damaging them (or myself).

The best bet may be to pack your razor in a semi-hard point and shoot camera case or a portable hard drive case. They almost always a separate pocket for flash drives that works very well for a few razor blades. Just take your razor to best buy or other electronics store and find a case that fits.

Couple of pieces of cardboard such as a cereal box. Cut to size slightly larger than blades. Heavy tape on three sides and just slide blades in and out. Not elegant, but very functional.

Also, you could get a leather business card holder. Larger than a blade, but blades would slip in and out easily like this: http://print.staples.com/leather-business-card-holders.aspx?cid=PS%3aGooglePLAs%3aCP22746&KPID=CP22746%2cSKU22746&GP=10%2f21%2f2014+8%3a38%3a38+PM&GPS=3312722730&GNF=0

I have also seen these made of brass with a hinged lid and a clasp like this: http://www.executivegiftshoppe.com/80518.html?gclid=CP75sreCv8ECFVNk7AodvDwAzQ

When I purchase packs of Derby or Feather blades, they come in a white box like this:

$Blade box.jpg

I have a few extras. PM me if you want a few.

Altoids tin? Not polymer, but excellent protection. Maybe a bit big for a few blades, but search the forums and see how some people converted an Altoids tin to a travel case for a razor.

+1 on the small Altoids tin , it's a little bigger than the blade though. I put a small desiccant pack on top of the blades to limit movement and help keep the blades from rusting.

When I purchase packs of Derby or Feather blades, they come in a white box like this:

View attachment 510057

Is that a 2-part box or 2 boxes? It looks like a better solution than my current setup. I re-wrap the blade in its wrapper and then put it into an empty cardboard tuck. I put that into a hardshell eyeglass case along with my razor (that I have wrapped in bubble wrap).

It's a two part box: the top part of the box is for wrapped blades, while the bottom part is to safely dispose of the blades. The cool thing about this box is that you can insert the blade wrapped in the paper wrapper, and dispose of the blade as you see fit.

View attachment 510057

Thanks for the reminder. I actually have a couple packs of feathers and derbys I never got around to using, so I didn't realize I could re-use those holders. I guess I have my solution. Also, cool to see you like Honeybee Soaps. Granted, they are just doctored up melt-and-pour soaps, but I think she does a good job with them. The clays and butters she adds makes for a nice soap -- very good slickness, nice scents, and reasonably priced.

I use an Altoids tin for my blade bank at home. An Altoids Smalls tin looks to be about the right size to hold a few blades...new ones going out and used ones coming back.

$Altoid small.JPG

How about a Zippo lighter case?

I don't remember if the case would snap shut without the guts in it though.

$670px-Hot-Rod-a-Zippo-Lighter-Step-1.jpg

Last edited:
great idea. yeah your right it wont stay shut, you'd have to come up with some way to keep it shut. use a rubber band or something. or cut off the top part of the lighter and then just keep it in there.

great idea. yeah your right it wont stay shut, you'd have to come up with some way to keep it shut. use a rubber band or something. or cut off the top part of the lighter and then just keep it in there.

Ah, too bad it won't work as-is.

This one would have been good :w00t::

$41rMVv2VYbL._SY355_.jpg

Yeah you need the little flippy thing on the back of the lighter to hold it closed.

I really like the look of the Zippo lighter case.

Then, I thought, wouldn't be cool to have a vintage Gillette blade case, the kind that came with razors a long time ago? I checked...and you can still get them on eBay for anywhere from $10-30 or so, in all sorts of designs. I'm kind of partial to the Derby/Feather plastic holder, but the Gillette holder is way classier.

Top Bottom