What's new

Nicks with Personna Labs

A few weeks ago I ordered 100 Lab Blues. They came in the new white wrappers. I have to say that they are inferior to Astra SPs. Little nicks and weepers here and there. Final straw? Today I suffered a bleeder at the angle of my jaw that wouldn't quit, even with a styptic pencil. Looked like a goof all day! I'm convinced it is the blade and no other factor. Also, they stop cutting 4-5 shaves in. The SPs give me 7 good to great shaves. Might be PIFing these shortly.

Maybe your razor doesn't like them. Try a different razor as they are very sharp and you may need a more mild razor.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I also prefer the Astras. The Personnas can be pretty rough on me, especially on the first shave.

I love the Personnas and have never had anything but awesome shaves with them. I'm sure you could find people here happy to take them off your hands if you prefer something else. All blades are definitely YMMV.

Maybe your razor doesn't like them. Try a different razor as they are very sharp and you may need a more mild razor.
Good idea. I'll give them a shot in my Tech, SS, and EJ DE89 before totally giving them up. Thanks. I get a little impulsive when I see red.

personnas do not work well at all on my face, ive tried every razor combo i own...but are butter smooth on my head shaves...go figure.

I ordered 100 after hearing all the good things. They aren't my fav that's for sure. In fact they get little play now. I found them harsh and draggy.

A few weeks ago I ordered 100 Lab Blues. They came in the new white wrappers. I have to say that they are inferior to Astra SPs. Little nicks and weepers here and there. Final straw? Today I suffered a bleeder at the angle of my jaw that wouldn't quit, even with a styptic pencil. Looked like a goof all day! I'm convinced it is the blade and no other factor. Also, they stop cutting 4-5 shaves in. The SPs give me 7 good to great shaves. Might be PIFing these shortly.

I bought 100 of them since I read good comments .....and immediately stopped to use them. Same issues. Lookes like I was shaving with a machete..... YMMV

By the way, tried them with a Weber. Might give it a shot with my Ikon OSS or AS/D2

If you people are cutting yourself so much then it is most likely your technique & not the razor, i.e., the 'Indian' & not the 'arrow'.

Yeah I gotta say some Personna can be pretty damned sharp, but like Boge said above me, technique most likely? I think a new Personna is the blade that originated the no pressure rule. I'm light as a feather with mine and have no issues with even the American 'store branded' slider packs. Quick short no pressure strokes and you're good to go.

It's not technique. I've changed out the Lab mid shave with other brand blades. No change in technique and the remainder of the shave was smooth as butter.

I'm currently working my way through a sample pack which had both Labs and Israelis... I have only tried one of each so there could be a chance i had duds, but I was very disappointed with them both. I was so excited to try Personnas too!

Just goes to show you YMMV. Personna Labs are a go to for me. I'm currently working my way through a 5-pack of Astra SP's though and keep getting these strange weepers for no apparent reason that I never get with Labs. Oh well, use what works for you.

I went with the same blade again this morning. I know....cut me once shame on you Personna, cut me twice...

But I got a fine shave today. Still giving them a shot, but it's been a good run with Astras.

And thanks for the varied feedback. Seems these could be your best blade...

Top Bottom