What's new

Knize Ten

great descriptor!!

$dorko martin de candre shavemac knize ten october 9 2014.jpg

Such a noble and traditional rendition of leather.

Chanel's Cuir de Russie is a good choice also, albeit the florals.

At first spray if you are too close and fragrance is concentrated you will smell like you just got off the third shift from the refinery. Which of course will calm down after the top notes tone down a bit and transitions into the heart of this fragrance. Now on the other side of that coin, if you mist from arms length, you will be rewarded right from the get go. This leather never ceases to amaze me in that it never fails to deliver a consistent leather experience. I guess the amount of time this fragrance has been around is probably the only testament that is needed. Well blended old school leather elegance..! IMHO...

Love the initial blast of smokey leather. Other leather scents are often literal renditions, but Knize Ten is a smokey birch tar leather that is smoothed out by its huge amber chord.

The dry down is very classic.

For those of you who love leather fragrances I highly suggest a contemporary masterpiece, which I put on the same level as Knize Ten. It is called 1740 by Histories d'Parfum. It is a leather immortal with a huge labdanum note. It starts off as boozy (whiskey/rum) leather, very dark and sensual. It is classical in structure. I find myself wearing it only in cool weather, and I only use one spritz as that is all that is needed. Probably my favourite leather ever.

For those of you who love leather fragrances I highly suggest a contemporary masterpiece, which I put on the same level as Knize Ten. It is called 1740 by Histories d'Parfum. It is a leather immortal with a huge labdanum note. It starts off as boozy (whiskey/rum) leather, very dark and sensual. It is classical in structure. I find myself wearing it only in cool weather, and I only use one spritz as that is all that is needed. Probably my favourite leather ever.

Well that sounds yummy. Clearly though you are unfamiliar with the immemorial tradition of B&B which says that after brilliantly describing a highly desirable but dearly priced frag, one must PIF a sample to the first person who congratulates you on the description.

Congratulations on the description.

Well that sounds yummy. Clearly though you are unfamiliar with the immemorial tradition of B&B which says that after brilliantly describing a highly desirable but dearly priced frag, one must PIF a sample to the first person who congratulates you on the description.

Congratulations on the description.

I forgot about that tradition. :laugh:

Haha, sorry guys. It really is a wonderful leather. Expensive, but the 14ml spray is actually not bad. Considering you only need one spray per/application (I can smell it on me the next day), 14ml will go a long way.

Luca Turin agrees. 1740 is the only contemporary masculine leather that he awards 5 stars to and lists in his top 10 of all time list.

Knize Ten is wonderful too, of course. Not trying to highjack or change the topic, but for those who find K10 too "dandified" in its dry down might really like 1740. Just providing an alternative.

Back to K10, go equally light on the nozzle!!! I agree with the previous poster that a diffused application is best. If it is too concentrated it can become almost overwhelming.

Haha, sorry guys. It really is a wonderful leather. Expensive, but the 14ml spray is actually not bad. Considering you only need one spray per/application (I can smell it on me the next day), 14ml will go a long way.

Luca Turin agrees. 1740 is the only contemporary masculine leather that he awards 5 stars to and lists in his top 10 of all time list.

Knize Ten is wonderful too, of course. Not trying to highjack or change the topic, but for those who find K10 too "dandified" in its dry down might really like 1740. Just providing an alternative.

Back to K10, go equally light on the nozzle!!! I agree with the previous poster that a diffused application is best. If it is too concentrated it can become almost overwhelming.

No need to apologize.:001_smile

One spray? I mystified as to how one can appreciate Knize Ten without four or six sprays

No one has ever complained when I wear it.
Regards,
Renato

Huh?

Re-read. That was in reference to 1740.

With respect to K10, with 4-6 sprays I would be that guy. No thanks.

I derive plenty appreciation and satisfaction out of two sprays from K10.

Top Bottom