What's new

PIF a Week #17: Kramperts Bay Rum with Etched Flask

This week's PIF is a flask, nearly full, of Krampert's Bay Rum and a bottle, nearly empty, of same. Do the math.

It's time to move this most excellent product on to someone who enjoys Bay Rum. It's a terrific product but not one that I use. The clove and bay scents kept fooling my labrador into thinking I was a thanksgiving turkey and several times I woke up in the middle of the night to see her staring intently at my face with a look of confusion and deep indecision and a string of drool hanging from her mouth. It was too unsettling.

Any member in good standing, by which I mean not Ouch, is eligible for the PIF. Simply state that you don't mind being the object of a labrador's gustatorial affections and the risks that entails and you're entered. Try and say something clever or wise or funny if you can. If you can't, then say as little as possible. Oh yeah. With apologies, this is CONUS only due to the alcohol in the AS.

Now that I think about it, here's a complete list of people not eligible for the PIF:

Anyone who teaches Irish Dancing.
Anyone studying Irish Dancing.
That guy with the bluetooth headset talking in the elevator (I've removed myself from consideration).
That Caillou kid. Can't stand him.
The girl who went to the Hall and Oates concert with me in 1978 and didn't go out with me again.
Springs1
Anyone who's never met me before who calls me "buddy". I hate that.
Michael Bloomberg. You can afford your own AS, dude.
Gimli the Dwarf. C'mon. I know you'll just give it to Legolas. Or use it as deodorant.
The entire cast of Game of Thrones. What's the point. You're all going to die anyway.
Every one of you with too free a hand with the emojis. Stop it. Stop it now. USE YOUR WORDS!
Anyone who thought Speed Racer was better than Johnny Quest.
George Clooney. We all agree on that, right?
Anyone with more than 3 cats (being generous here folks).
All you people who don't leave my house when the party is over.
And any SOB who's ever kicked a dog. Why are you even breathing?

Ok, that curmudgeonly rant out of the way, here's the pic. Let the PIF commence. It ends this Sat. at midnight B&B Standard Time.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 221
I'd love to be in however I am out. 6 years ago I tripped over our small dog when we were out running and the poor thing went flying when I went tumbling. I did fix her broken leg(well the orthopedic surgeon did and she is sitting next to me now while I work. It was an honest accident and I called my wife balling my eyes out.

So am I out or am I in? I don't know.

Nick

I'd love to be in however I am out. 6 years ago I tripped over our small dog when we were out running and the poor thing went flying when I went tumbling. I did fix her broken leg(well the orthopedic surgeon did and she is sitting next to me now while I work. It was an honest accident and I called my wife balling my eyes out.

So am I out or am I in? I don't know.

Nick

Obviously you are in. Any man who cries over his dog is worthy of much more. I have my own recent story of crying over my dog but it also involved a woman with an extraordinarily large and exposed bosom. Without going into details, let us just say that a war of emotions was fought in my own much less impressive chest.

I love Krampert's Finest FrostBite and would really dig the chance at the Bay Rum in the flask. My lab is too lazy to try anything so i think I am safe there. Plus I am safely under the 3 cat limit, only have one and she's my daughter's responsibility.

I would love to try Krampert's. I do have three cats but they think they are dogs so we are good. None of them especially likes clove so I am safe. They would only eat my face if I smelled like cantaloupe - they are fiends for that.

I'm in. Our Beagle mix and Rottweiler / German Shepherd mix don't mind my other A/S selections so maybe this one would merit an approving sniff as well! The big dog comes in for a sniff every morning when I apply the A/S; I think it confuses him when he gets a different scent but the same visual on a regular basis.

I"m in. While a little on the short side, I promise, I am not Gimli. Hopefully my boxer won't find the scent as interesting as your lab.

Just to be curious, and while this does not apply to me, I feel compelled to ask...

When do you believe life begins? I'm ask, because I wonder how you'd feel about a person who has 2 full grown cats, where one of the cats is pregnant. Do they have 2 cats? Or more in your opinion, thereby disqualifying them? Let me know.

I'd love to try the bay rum!

Scboch

As far as the dog saliva goes, that's a risk I'm willing to take. I'd like to be entered for this one.

I'm with you on all the exclusions as well, especially that Caillou kid. All he ever does is rat out his little sister Rosie in that whiny annoying voice of his. I'd like to throw him and his round head off the nearest cliff.

Since you brought up kids shows in your exclusions I would include Dora the Explorer's absentee parents as exclusions as well. They're probably at some bar slamming back Corona's while their daughter is running through the jungle jumping on alligator heads and finding baby jaguars to return to their mother. Those are wild animals and that's just bad parenting there.

Another question though... what are you doing at a Hall & Oates concert? You should probably exclude yourself for going to that one as well.

I'm in. I don't mind being the object of a labrador's gustatorial affections and the risks that entails. I cook bacon often enough that this is already an occasional issue for me. I eat the bacon too, mind you (I'm not crazy!), I just feel that it is the cooking of the bacon more than the eating that results in me smelling like Paula Dean's wallpaper (I'm guessing here, as I have never visited Mrs. Dean and certainly have not had the occasion to smell her wallpaper. I should point out as well that I normally don't smell people's wallpaper as that would be a bit on the odd side.)

Thanks for the opportunity!

One last thing... Would it disqualify me if I kicked an Irish Dancer dressed as Caillou for Halloween?

Thank you for the PIF...

I wish to formally state I don't mind being the object of a labrador's gustatorial affections. With that said...
Witty...
Life is short enough to add a little heavy cream and some Parmesan cheese to your dog's food.

Just to be curious, and while this does not apply to me, I feel compelled to ask...

When do you believe life begins? I'm ask, because I wonder how you'd feel about a person who has 2 full grown cats, where one of the cats is pregnant. Do they have 2 cats? Or more in your opinion, thereby disqualifying them? Let me know.

I'd love to try the bay rum!

Scboch

Seriously? Are you trying to get this thread shut down?

you are in just because I don't want no trouble round here.

Another question though... what are you doing at a Hall & Oates concert? You should probably exclude yourself for going to that one as well.

Noted. In my defense, she was really pretty hot and I was not even 18. It seemed worth it at the time.

Thanks for the opportunity!

One last thing... Would it disqualify me if I kicked an Irish Dancer dressed as Caillou for Halloween?

Let's clarify one thing. I love Irish dancers. It's Irish Dancing that's wrong. If you kicked a Lithuanian or a Brit or a Belgian while they were Irish Dancing, then you're in. If you just kicked some poor Irishman while he was twerking to a Robin Thicke song, then you are out.

After reading through the requirements, it looks like I qualify. I'm in with, unfortunately, nothing witty to say. It's been one of those days....

I don't mind being the object of a labrador's gustatorial affections and the risks that entails.
A wise man once said nothing, according to my wife.

Top Bottom