What's new

D.R Harris WINDSOR Soap or Cream?

I have been out and in of this forum for some time. Please excuse this following question if it has been up every now and then- and I trust- it indeed has:

Here it goes,
Last year I bought my father in law a jar of Windsor cream and he has been raving about it every since. Me myself have just sniffed it and liked what I scented. Very much.

Well- being a fan of "hard" soaps I wonder what YOU think. Anyone tried BOTH cream and soap and could come up to cons and pros on either product?
Anyway- I decided I am going to make a purchase in either case.
In short-
Soap or cream?
What´s your game on this?
Thanks gents,
/Henrik

I'm sorry to post an indirect answer to your question but I do have D.R. Harris soap and cream experience. Their Rose and Lavender creams might be the best I have and the Arlington hard soap is excellent. I don't think you can go wrong with either of the products you mentioned.

I have the Windsor soap and it's excellent - also love the Arlington and Marlborough soaps!

D.R. Harris Rose cream is sensational - I wish they'd make a rose soap too!

Agree with Musikmann that you can't really go wrong with D.R. Harris, IMO. That's my 2 cents!

I've used Both.
IMHO, go for the Soap!!
Great tallow shave experience!
And, don't forget a bottle of either aftershave or cologne!!

proxy.php

I've tried, and always have on hand, the Windsor cream, and also have, and use, the Windsor soap. The singular difference is strength of scent. I find that that wonderful Windsor scent is more prevalent in the cream; it's more subtle/subdued in the puck. The performance is pretty much equal. It just boils down to whether you prefer lathering from the puck or using the cream, and/or want the one with the stronger scent. Can't go wrong with either.....BTW, the Windsor after shave is just plain awesome!

I've tried, and always have on hand, the Windsor cream, and also have, and use, the Windsor soap. The singular difference is strength of scent. I find that that wonderful Windsor scent is more prevalent in the cream; it's more subtle/subdued in the puck. The performance is pretty much equal. It just boils down to whether you prefer lathering from the puck or using the cream, and/or want the one with the stronger scent. Can't go wrong with either.....BTW, the Windsor after shave is just plain awesome!

I agree entirely on all points.

Thanks fellows! It seems that the cream vs soap boils down to what you prefer. No serious cons in either case when it come down to the Windsor line up. :thumbup1:
Great products with no pitfalls- I like that.
dimitrof: if you like rose scent- I strongly recommend Truefitt & Hill´s cream.

It has always been about preference. If you prefer hard soaps then go with the soap. If you prefer cream or want to try then go with the cream.

True. What I really wanted to know I guess was if the were the plausible downsides with either the cream or the soap.

And yes, I do prefer hard soaps most of the times but every now and then my arm reaches out for a good cream. That said- 2 minutes ago I just ordered- the cream.
Or to it more right- two jars- one for my father in law (his birthday is due soon) and one for myself.
I had a puck of Harris Lavender a few years ago- and I don´t know if it was the formula of the time- but it was no good. That puck got PIF:ed after a few weeks- and as I since got out of touch of the brand altogether I thought I just as well ask you nice fellows:thumbsup:

The lathers are similar, the cream is more practical as it is already in a container. Soaps in whatever container tend to spin around. Some soaps seem to have been poured into their container which fixes that.

Top Bottom