What's new

Worldwide Fountain Pen Day

On 7 November, Fountain Pen Day is celebrated worldwide.

Simply put it is a day to celebrate and share your love the pen. It is a day to embrace the joy of writing using a pen and paper. It does not matter that you write in script, print, or calligraphy as long as you are writing and not pounding a keyboard.

The experience of of writing with an instrument that becomes an extension of your hand, the nib expressing your style, an ink color that reflects your mood, paper that takes your thoughts. It is the experiencing the joy of writing your reflections of life written in your hand. Your handwriting does not have to be the best, or the most artistic, or the most beautiful to read your mood in your written words. Your words written out will speak to the reader whether you think it does or not.

There are separate National holidays for pencils and ballpoints. The mighty fountain pen went without its own holiday. Now there is a day for our obsession and passion, hobby, and the choice of writing instrument.

The day set aside each year is the first Friday (7 Nov.) in November. Allows everyone to spend the weekend indulging writing and sharing it with friends.

Fountain Pen Day, is about sharing your passion and love for fountain pens passing it on to others.

FountainPenDay.org has a ton of informationwith links to retailers, bloggers,and updated info.

Whatcha got coming in the mail?

more cheep stuff. I heard some really great comments about a Wing Sung (vintage Hero I believe) 590. a really BIG pen with what people are saying comes with one of the best (and biggest) Aero fillers available. there is an eBay seller that has them for around $4.00, so I ordered two, just in case one decides not to work :thumbup1:

I wish I could say it was a Lamy 2K or a TWSBI 580, but I'm just to new into this to justify a spendy (to me) pen. and when there are plenty of inexpensive decent pens out there, its even hard to justify. but sub $8 for two pens? Camaaaaaaan! cant beat that with a stick.

True this day is set aside to share our passion with others.

Considering both my hands were covered in blue ink* yesterday, I'm pretty sure I can't help but share my passion for pens with anyone I shake hands with.

(*which is weird, because the pen I was cleaning was filled with red ink)

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
On 7 November, Fountain Pen Day is celebrated worldwide.

Simply put it is a day to celebrate and share your love the pen. It is a day to embrace the joy of writing using a pen and paper. It does not matter that you write in script, print, or calligraphy as long as you are writing and not pounding a keyboard.

The experience of of writing with an instrument that becomes an extension of your hand, the nib expressing your style, an ink color that reflects your mood, paper that takes your thoughts. It is the experiencing the joy of writing your reflections of life written in your hand. Your handwriting does not have to be the best, or the most artistic, or the most beautiful to read your mood in your written words. Your words written out will speak to the reader whether you think it does or not.

There are separate National holidays for pencils and ballpoints. The mighty fountain pen went without its own holiday. Now there is a day for our obsession and passion, hobby, and the choice of writing instrument.

The day set aside each year is the first Friday (7 Nov.) in November. Allows everyone to spend the weekend indulging writing and sharing it with friends.

Fountain Pen Day, is about sharing your passion and love for fountain pens passing it on to others.
Brad:
​ $Write on.pngThanx for the info and for sharing!
proxy.php

proxy.php
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain pen or half it's ['pensations']; but we can try". Mark Twain

Last edited:
Top Bottom