What's new

[Poll] You're running late so you.

You're running late so you

• Use a cartridge + canned foam

• Wet shave but with a cartridge

• Go about your normal routine

• Skip the shave

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm a night time shaver. However if it was the morning & it was important that I needed to shave I'd grab the can of goo & a cart. I keep some disposables in for just such a time, however it's only happened once since I took up DE shaving.

Normal except I'll limit it to just a WTG pass and end it there.

+1 once again. one pass. though I have gotten my DE just this week so we will see...

I am a night shaver after shower though... so I would go about my normal routine... always.

This is the story of my life. I am a night owl, so it is he*l for me getting up in the morning. If I am running late and I have an important meeting with people inside my company, I'll skip the shave. If it is important people outside that I have to impress, I take a rare night shower and shave then, so the next morning I can just wake and shower.

The most "normal" late I have it just a regular workday late, and I scramble with my old trusty mild tech. Normally I am a comb shaver, so my tech is like a butterknife to me now.

Thankfully, I make my own hours and can come and go as I please, other than meetings. Tomorrow I have an 8am internal meeting, and am sporting 3 days already. I'm getting the tech ready tonight.

I will skip the shave if I'm late for work.

But if I'm getting styled up to go out on the town, I will hand lather instead of using a brush. That saves a couple of minutes.

There has been only two time that I have not shaved as part of my normal morning routine. One was because of a family emergency, and the other was because I was up all night and did wake up late for work. In both cases I found the time later in the morning to have my shave. I have not missed a day since early December 2013.

I picked normal routine, but if I'm really tight on time, I'll go for the "socially acceptable" finish. Which is QUITE rare.

I'm kind of surprised with the results so far. It's either do the normal thing and be late, or don't do anything at all, leading the pack by a wide margin.

If I'm pressed for time I'll speed up my shower, use shaving cream instead of soap, and do a 2 pass shave with a Schick injector.

-Bob

Charley, a new retiree greeter at Wal-Mart, just couldn't seem to get to work on time. Every day he was 5, 10, 15 minutes late. But he was a good worker, really tidy, clean-shaven, sharp minded and a real credit to the company and obviously demonstrating their "Older Person Friendly" policies.
One day the boss called him into the office for a talk.
"Charley, I have to tell you, I like your work ethic, you do a bang up job, but your being late so often is quite bothersome."

"Yes, I know boss, and I am working on it."
''Well good, you are a team player. That's what I like to hear. It's odd though you're coming in late. I know you're retired from the Armed Forces. What did they say if you came in late there?"
"They said, 'Good morning First Sergeant, can I get you coffee?'''

I woke up this morning a half hour after my usual time (and still two hours before work starts), and did a serviceable two pass. I shaved later than usual Sunday for a hockey game, and was considering skipping this morning, but old habits die hard and even a half hour behind schedule I still got in a decent shave.
I got into work fifty minutes before starting time, meaning I was ten minutes "late". Wotta brown-noser, eh?

"...I don't use a straight, but a DE/SE (office/home)."

I can knock out a DE/SE shave in a couple, 4 minutes. not shaving isn't an option if I'm headed to work.

Top Bottom