What's new

Looking for particular design

Hi everyone,

This would be my first post but have been through the forums lurking around for a while. Anyway, I am looking for a shavette of a particular design but can only find one and I've used it and dislike the feel of it. Here is a link for the type I am looking for. http://www.amazon.com/Luxor-Master-...F8&qid=1413816083&sr=8-1&keywords=notch+razor

Does anyone know where I can get these types of razors? I currently use one that was made in Uzbekistan and have a need for another one but having trouble finding them online. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Check out eBay for "Cool cut 4" I found a clone of one for like $3.00 from China. It looks just like the one you linked to.
$$_3.JPG
They even included some blades.

I'm honestly not sure there are any differences. It looked to me like one place in China is kicking that style out, and they get re-branded/re-sold for a variety of prices depending on packaging and who is reselling, but they all seem like the exact same razor?

I'm honestly not sure there are any differences. It looked to me like one place in China is kicking that style out, and they get re-branded/re-sold for a variety of prices depending on packaging and who is reselling, but they all seem like the exact same razor?

I think there is some confusion to my question. I am looking for this kind of style design with the safety notch for the blade but not this particular razor that I posted. I dislike the entire blade to be exposed which is why I prefer this notched version.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Ahhh, I understand now! No sharp tips to dig in. That's actually what I would like to see in a shavette as well; I don't like fishgilling myself :001_rolle

Dovo shavettes use a plastic insert, but the toe's blade tip is covered. Beyond that, I used to run the corners of the blade on the bathroom mirror (bottom corner so SWMBO would not see anything) to mute the tips.

I think there is some confusion to my question. I am looking for this kind of style design with the safety notch for the blade but not this particular razor that I posted. I dislike the entire blade to be exposed which is why I prefer this notched version.

Ah, I see the difference. Well, in the shavette fan club, I've not seen pics of any other ones that have that feature, to be honest. 99.8% of them don't have that notch. You can mute the blade, like Sam suggested, or get the cheap Chinese one and a little work and patience with a dremel tool you can probably notch it yourself.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Shave_Rat, I don't think dremel work would do anything, as the pips where the blade sits are already fixed.... Unless you're also talking about dremelling down the spine of one "leg" to pull it back to rest in a notch.

Shave_Rat, I don't think dremel work would do anything, as the pips where the blade sits are already fixed.... Unless you're also talking about dremelling down the spine of one "leg" to pull it back to rest in a notch.

Ah, ok, I forgot the inside posts... hrm... those pips are usually pretty large vs what they'd need to be, but that does really increase the level of work and precision needed to modify it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I should have looked closer.
I don't think I've seem one like that before.

I figured as much but thought maybe someone out there would know. I can't find anything online other than that one... It's a shame but I guess I have to stay with what I have.

Thank you for all the help anyway.

Top Bottom