What's new

New Wet Shaver!

After seeing a presentation by a fellow traditional wet shaver here on base, I decided to pull the trigger and make the switch! I ordered everything I needed and about 12 or so days later I had all the implements in hand. (Darn local customs and their week long "labor day" holiday!!!)

I couldn't wait until the morning to try it all out so I shaved right then at work. I did ok for the first few sessions, then I got a little over zealous and tried a standard 3 pass one morning. It irritated the mess out of my neck and face. I'm going to chalk that up to newbie technique, but on the positive side, I swear I did not need to shave the next day!! I get a lot of funny looks in the latrine trailer. I just going to assume they are jealous. :biggrin1: It took a few days to get the lather portion just right. I'm getting better at it, I just needed to push the brush into the bowl more. Now it pops to life after a few swirls. I have tried two different blades and I can't tell much difference between them yet. The alum block is amazing though, it is cool swiping that thing over weepers and have them stop almost instantly. Probably the two things I like best so far are the wonderful smells of the products and the sound the razor makes when cutting the hairs!! I cannot wait to get home and try out straight razor shaving!
$Shave Den.jpg

Hello and welcome to B&B, friend, glad you're aboard!
It looks you're fully equipped with some great gear, and it sounds like you're getting right in the groove, best of luck...
If you have questions, you know where to find us, enjoy!

Hello and welcome to B&B. This is a super forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You will learn a lot here.

Nice set-up.

Welcome to B&B! Sounds like you had a good start. Keep it up that way happy shaves!
Whatever question you have, shoot away.
PS: I really like your starting equipment :thumbup1:

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. Be sure and take a look at the Active Duty Members Check-in and the Foxhole Shavers Club in the Clubs and Brotherhoods sect​on of the ShaveWiki.

Welcome to the B & B forum! Lots of shavers here with years of experience they are willing to share. I know you will enjoy the free exchange of information!

Hello and welcome on B&B. I'm glad you made the switch, you won't regret I can promise you it will get only better and better. DE shaving is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then cartridge shaving. I don't even miss those over priced stupid multi blade carts.

+1 for the Merkur 34C HD

Goodluck!

Top Bottom