What's new

Adding water between passes (face lather)

I leave my face wet after rinsing, but I also do a fingertip test before lathering up again, and if I need more water, I add it.

Due to making hopless mistakes by adding too much or too little drops of water to the mix between passes I have a little spray bottle which gives of a fine mist about three squirts of this onto my brush the process is controlled. Works fine for me

Rinse, dry, nivea after shave balm as pre shave. Sounds like a lot. It takes two seconds and the results are phenom.

i wet my face but not rinse completely between passes leaving a slick wet film on my face then lather again for next pass. If a third pass is needed i will do the same thing but also put few drops of water from hand to brush, happy shaving!

I bowl lather, but I usually add a few drops of water into my lather in between passes just to ensure slickness and so it doesn't dry out on my face.

Between passes, I wet my hand and rub it gently over my face, thus wetting it whilst doing a QC check on the last pass. Then I re-lather on the wet face. This rehydrates the lather for the next pass.

Last edited:
I'll wet my hand in the sink and add a little water to my face. Not quite a rinse, but just enough to liven up any residual slickness and check my progress.

Top Bottom