What's new

journal recommendations

the Franklin Christoph ones are nice, with or without the leather covers. the books themselves have a nice hard cover so as a journal they will hold up well

Red n' Black makes a nice one that is reasonably priced and comes in either wire or case bound. A4 & A5 are among the sizes available.
Rhodia is always good. (I have only tried one of the smaller sizes)

Another vote for Franklin-Christoph, with or without the leather cover, they perform quite well.

Clairefontaine is my favorite paper, but you can't go wrong with Rhodia. And there's a deal on MassDrop for Rhodia webnotebooks right now.

Kokuyo, Maruman, Midori, Seven Seas, Apica, Life, Quo Vadis, Leucthtterm, Exacompta....in addition to those already mentioned. Plenty of excellent choices available. Define what you want out of a paper and do some shopping. Good luck.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Size matters. I like A4, which is somewhat limiting. I also like a journal that lies flat. Quo Vadis is my current choice, but it is $30.

Clairefontaine makes a nice journal in the $14 range with great paper and a decent cover.

I'm a big fan of Rhodia, and we have a bunch of different ones in use around the house. My daughter drove the car over my Webbie a while back (long story) and it's still chugging along. You can't go wrong with any of their notebooks.

I also use a lot of Muji notebooks, and they're my kids' regular notebooks for college. Excellent quality, great value.

http://www.muji.us/store/stationery/notebooks.html

I am currently using a Eccolo journal from staples. the A5 size can be had for around $15. standard book style binding but lays flat. leather-esque cover. really nice paper that doesn't blead, no feathering and just a touch of "ghosting" with a really wet pen. I like it.

Sustainable Earth notebooks from Staples are very fountain pen friendly and the cost factor is negligible. They come in a few different sizes. They are not fancy. They are very usable.

As new as I am to fountain pens and paper, I am very impressed with the Clairefontaine for my bullet journal

Sustainable Earth notebooks from Staples are very fountain pen friendly and the cost factor is negligible. They come in a few different sizes. They are not fancy. They are very usable.

on that note too, the Gold Fibre pads are great as well. full size staple top bound, easy tear out. grid on the front and ruled on the back. great stuff. it only bleeds or feathers on me when I stall out when writing and the nib is down in one place for far too long. cant beat it for $4.99 USD

I'm a huge fan of Claire Fontaine. I've been using Moleskine but will not purchase again. I've got two Leuchterrm notebooks coming (from the Bullet Journal Kickstarter) but I like Rhodia too. I think it really comes down to features. The CF is hard to find unless you buy online. It doesn't come in certain formats (hard bound like a Moleskine) etcetera. There are lots of great options that are FP friendly. For that matter, buy a three ring binder and hole punch 24# copy paper ;)

Top Bottom