What's new

The Irish Moose or Irisch Moos

I'd love to have a stick but I have most of a tube of IM. I wish I would have bought two tubes when I had the chance.

I have a bottle of the EDT I thought about buying a decent quality unscented soap and spraying the EDT on it. I probably want have the lather quality but at least have the great smell (my favorite of all my soaps & creams)

WooHoo got me some Moos. Did a little horse trading on the B/S/T.
$001.jpg

Buy the way. We had some guests stay with use a couple weeks ago and they left a bar of Irish spring behind in the shower so I was able to compair the two scents side by side. They are pretty close. I'd say though that the Irish spring as a sharper scent and more of a soap scent and the Moos has a little muskyer and more of a cologne scent.

well, I like Tabac, which from what I have heard is the same stuff just different scent. I would imagine it would be that good if you prefer a cleaner earthier scent to a powdery perfumy scent. and I do

Doh!
Thank you sir - here I thought my new found Irisch Moos 'Obsession' could get no worse... Wrong!

In all honesty - right now, at this point, I would exchange my entire (non-stick) soap/cream collection (though I might keep my (tallow) Blenheim Bouquet, even though it's not a stick..), including my A/S splash's (other than the Myrsol and Olimon) to stock up on IM.
I have the soap (stick, of course) as well as the A/S and EdC
(both vintage - I've yet to try the current offerings) as well as the stick deodorant. I swear, if I found an IM shampoo or room freshener - I'd jump on it. I am seriously thinking of making an offer like this, even including a bunch of the hardware I've worked very hard to collect over the years, to further my "Irisch Moos" quest. I know it sounds a bit silly, but there is just something about the stuff, I think I could really give up the variety I enjoy soo much, for nothing other than IM*.

-s

*(terms and conditions apply, e.g. the sticks I'd keep, and the Myrsol & Olimon
:001_smile)

well, I like Tabac, which from what I have heard is the same stuff just different scent. I would imagine it would be that good if you prefer a cleaner earthier scent to a powdery perfumy scent. and I do

I wouldn't tag IM with 'Powdery' or 'Perfume' - I'd give you a description, but I really suck at it, I just know those are not terms I'd apply. So, you may like it after all!

-s

edit to add : I also love Tabac.

I wouldn't tag IM with 'Powdery' or 'Perfume' - I'd give you a description, but I really suck at it, I just know those are not terms I'd apply. So, you may like it after all!

-s

edit to add : I also love Tabac.

I wasn't. what I was saying is that IM could be and alternative for those who like the performance of TABAC, but don't like the powdery and perfumy scent of TABAC.

sorry if I didn't come across very clear.

I wasn't. what I was saying is that IM could be and alternative for those who like the performance of TABAC, but don't like the powdery and perfumy scent of TABAC.

sorry if I didn't come across very clear.

No, re-reading your post, I should have understood. Sorry 'bout that :001_smile

-s

Also - you're right, you'd love it!

$photo_2.JPG
Was lucky enough to snag some of the last IM that Pasteurs carried after it was discontinued. To this day, whenever i go to back there I first dig around the shelves where the IM sticks used to be just in case one magically got restocked.

Last edited:
I have the shave cream and a bottle of the EDC. I wouldn't go far as give up all my other soap fro IM but close. I'd like to have a stick to try as well just to see how it compares to the cream.

I so wish I would have bought a 2nd tube when I bought the first one.

View attachment 520653
Was lucky enough to snag some of the last IM that Pasteurs carried after it was discontinued. To this day, whenever i go to back there I first dig around the shelves where the IM sticks used to be just in case one magically got restocked.

shevek, first off - nice!
Can you tell me how the newer A/S and EdC compare to the vintage? All of mine is the old label (with the prominent SIR).

also, great score on the tin!

-s

Last edited:
shevek, first off - nice!
Can you tell me how the newer A/S and EdC compare to the vintage? All of mine is the old label (with the prominent SIR).

also, great score on the tin!

-s

Thanks! The tin is actually just a grated stick. I used this for a week and then figured I better go back to Pasteurs and get a spare while they still had a few left. As for the A/S, it's the only one I've tried. I see that ebay has several of the vintage but they are quite pricey. Never tried the EdC. The A/S stings a bit and the scent lasts for a few hours. I wouldn't say it is great in terms of healing, but I love the scent.

so I managed to get my hands on a sample of Irisch Moos from a gracious member here (he shall remain nameless lest he be bombarded with requests lol) and took it for a spin this morning. I went into it assuming that it would perform the same as Tabac......I was wrong. Tabac gives me a pretty quick lather bomb followed by some great slickness after adding tons of water. this stuff never lather bombed at all. I did get great slickness, and I LOVE the smell, but it took a lot of work to get to something I would consider serviceable, and I didn't have much left over for subsequent passes. I'm hoping it has something to do with hydration, and that it will be better the next couple of times as the soap sucks up some water after being lather several times.

Note: I know that lather bombing isn't efficient, and I do not rely on this for a good shave. I only mention it in the sense that it was not as easy to later as I would have liked, or was used to with Tabac. FYI, I used an B&B essential boar brush and face lathered.

all in all, great stuff, could perform better but I'm hopeful for the future.

I hadn't used my IM in a few months and when I took it for a spin a few days ago, I also had substandard lather. Today I used it again and the lather was much thicker. I think hydration is the key as you mentioned.

Top Bottom