What's new

Quality Brush Under $25?

Right now I'm using the brush that came with my Van Der Hagen shave set. It gets the job done, but I know there are certainly better options out there. I'm looking for quality, at an affordable price. I don't particularly care what the material is. Badger, boar, synthetic etc.. I just want something that doesn't yield a high shed, and that isn't nearly as stiff.

Also I use Col. Conk Bay Rum shave soap, so if anyone out there has had good success with their brush whipping up Col. Conk in particular, please let me know.

Happy Shaving,

bentyler

Thanks for the advice. I've heard a lot about Semogue brushes recently. The guy who does the Soap Brush and Blade podcast seems to really like them. I think I'll give one of those a shot.

Any of the following Omegas: 80080/10083/10048/10049/31064. Any one of these brushes is excellent. My favorite one these days is an 80080 Beehive I picked up for QEDUSA. Excellent boar brush for around $13 (photo below).

$IMG_2143.JPG $IMG_2144.JPG

The B & B Essential uses an Omega boar knot. Very nice. It is my first brush so don't have a lot to compare against, but at $21 from West Coast Shaving is quite affordable.

Thanks for the advice. I've heard a lot about Semogue brushes recently. The guy who does the Soap Brush and Blade podcast seems to really like them. I think I'll give one of those a shot.
you have quite a few choices in your price range with Semogue. The 1305 was my first good boar brush and it became my favorite brush of all., out of 20 or so in my collection. I now have 5 Semogue brushes and they all give a great shave.

Omega 10098 is what I'm using currently. Once it breaks in its quite nice. I think mine hasn't lost a hair since it finish breaking in.
Although now that I think of it, I don't think I've heard anything bad about any Omega brush and most of them are pretty reasonably priced

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Not sure what the price for the SOC is there, maybe a bit over $25 USD, but to me this is the finest boar brush currently on the market today. Worth every single penny, highly recommended.

Not sure what the price for the SOC is there, maybe a bit over $25 USD, but to me this is the finest boar brush currently on the market today. Worth every single penny, highly recommended.

+1

I just ordered an SOC Ash boar since the Cherry has become my favorite. Price was ~$25 plus shipping from Vintage Scents came to a hair over $31.00. Highly recommended brush.

Semogues suit me the best of all the boar brushes I have tried.

The SOC is my favorite, but i have never had a bad Semogue and I have tried several.

The SOC is about $45 from most US vendors. I agree with Marco, it's a fantastic brush and well worth the money. If that brush is a bit too pricey for you, I'd suggest a Semogue 620 or 830. They are closer to your price and are also excellent brushes.

Top Bottom