What's new

shaving aginst the grain.

I have been shaving ATG on my third pass here latley and have had no problems on my cheeks butmy neck is hit or miss any advise. I have been trying to keep my lather consistant as well as my stroke and angle.

Neck is always a point of irritation to me because my hair grows every direction. I usually use a finger to tell direction then shave slowly.

Instead of three passes I will do one pass with the grain and second pass atg The more passes you do the more irrtation

We're all different. I do 3 pass shaves on my neck.. 1 with and 2 against. My neck allows it. Some necks don't.

If I don't have the proper beard reduction beforehand I can forget about an irritation-free shave from the ATG pass. That includes paying close attention to the direction of the WTG and XTG passes in a given area. I think my skin has toughened up a bit on the neck since I started doing more than one pass there.

Yeah, ATG doesn't really work for me either. The closest I can get to that is kinda like halfway between XTG and ATG, but even that's pushing it.

If you have neck trouble try Noxzema cream under your soap. It gives a nice cushion and may alleviate you irritation problems.

You can try cold water shavings. Worked for me ;)

+1
Cold water cut down substantially on my neck irritation. The opposite was true with cartridge razors, but cold does my DE shaves just great.

Instead of three passes I will do one pass with the grain and second pass atg The more passes you do the more irrtation

+1
Two passes does mean less irritation. Figuring out which pass to skip can be an interesting exercise. For me, it's more advantageous to skip WTG. On my neck, I've started doing XTG and GTX. Afterwards, only touchup work is required ATG.

I must be living life wrong as I don't have hordes of Super Models rushing up to caress my cheeks to check for a BBS shave every day. :001_rolle

:lol:

Top Bottom