What's new

Moving to Georgia

Hi, we're moving to Georgia in two weeks. We have an existing printing business, and we would probably rent an office for it. Any good locations in Georgia where you think this business would be profitable? Thanks!

My wife's uncle lives in Suwanee. I believe that's a nice area but ive never been there. Good luck with the move and I hope you are successful.

I don't know market wise if it's the best location, but north Georgia is quite pretty. I would avoid Atlanta, but that's a personal preference.

I do not envy you. It would be quite costly to pick up and move a printing business. Plus all of the little guys are getting squeezed out by the likes of RR Donnelley, Quad and a few of the other big ones.

What kind of printing are you in? There is already a pretty big Commercial and Packaging market around Atlanta.

My wife is from Macon. South Ga., ok, fairly flat, with a lot of large scale farming. Best thing about that part of the state is hunting, quail and deer..SE, is largely swamp. Central is fine, hilly pretty country. I prefer the western part where the hills are a little higher, Columbus for a larger city, Pine Mountain or Manchester for smaller towns.

My favorite is the north part especially the NE, around Clayton. You are in the mountains all the way across N. Ga.

The whole state gets very hot in the summer, especially from Atlanta south. The mountains are slightly cooler, but not a lot. Winters can be from moderately warm and humid in the south to very cold and wet in the mountains. Fog in the mountains is often a wintertime problem.

As the largest state east of the Mississippi you have a lot to choose from. Personally I would stay away from Atlanta and Savannah(and all the lower costal areas) and get at least 50 miles off I 75, where traffic is a nightmare from the Tennessee to the FLorida states lines.

You're sorry?! Why do you say that???

I'm thinking about Atlanta that seems to be a pretty popular place though I have heard some negative things about it. I found some rental spaces already there but I don't know if it's the best location.

My wife is from Macon. South Ga., ok, fairly flat, with a lot of large scale farming. Best thing about that part of the state is hunting, quail and deer..SE, is largely swamp. Central is fine, hilly pretty country. I prefer the western part where the hills are a little higher, Columbus for a larger city, Pine Mountain or Manchester for smaller towns.

My favorite is the north part especially the NE, around Clayton. You are in the mountains all the way across N. Ga.

The whole state gets very hot in the summer, especially from Atlanta south. The mountains are slightly cooler, but not a lot. Winters can be from moderately warm and humid in the south to very cold and wet in the mountains. Fog in the mountains is often a wintertime problem.

As the largest state east of the Mississippi you have a lot to choose from. Personally I would stay away from Atlanta and Savannah(and all the lower costal areas) and get at least 50 miles off I 75, where traffic is a nightmare from the Tennessee to the FLorida states lines.

,,,,,,,,,Why all the coastal areas ,hurricane disasters?...How about these modern hurricane resistant homes,like Deltec??

Spent most of my life in Ga.
its not so bad, really!
actually can be fun!
printing will be huge challenge.
will need lot of specialization to succeed.
such as digital wraps, banners, advertising stuff.
gwinett and the I-85 corridor had been historic growth engines.
good luck!

I grew up not too far from Carrollton, GA and it is a wonderful area. Large enough to have everything one needs without a lot of congestion and close enough to Atlanta for a day trip.

Top Bottom