What's new

Thumbs down to Phil @ BullGoose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Op

You're brand new here. One of your threads is bashing one of the best vendors we have, and the other is praising a vendor that was banned a long time ago. I'm not saying you haven't had the problem you claim, but some of us are wondering if you want to be a part of this community, or simply joined for other reasons. FWIW, if this complaint holds water, I hope it gets resolved.

If I'm reading this correctly, the OP wants Phil @ Bullgoose to cooperate with the shipping agent to help resolve the issue. I'm not sure how the international aspect complicates this, but from a domestic perspective, I certainly understand this. From prior experience, the shipping agent will only work with the sender (as technically, they're the client, because they paid for the service, even though behind the scenes it was likely with the buyer's funds). So, the sender needs to initiate any investigation or claim. At least this has been my experience. Again, this may be different or more complicated with international shipping. It sounds like Phil has not been cooperative in this effort. Please correct me if I'm wrong here. If I'm correct, however, I can certainly understand the frustration of the OP.

For what it's worth, I know that Phil gets glowing reviews here, but my experiences with him have not been positive. He's been dismissive or non-responsive on more than one occasion when I've had genuine issues. My packages from Bullgoose have always been sent quickly, and they arrived quickly, but on the few occasions that I've had to deal with him, I've been dissatisfied. So, of all the praise received, I wonder how many have actually dealt with Phil (or are they "satisfied" customers simply because their packages arrived quickly). Just curious here.

In the future, I'll only buy from Bullgoose when they have an exclusive item or when there is a great sale (which he does have somewhat often). Otherwise, I'll avoid. Simply put, I get better service (and often prices), elsewhere. I've had very positive experiences with the following vendors: West Coast Shaving, Italian Barber, Maggard Razors, Connaught Shaving, among others...

Airing dirty laundry here over a shipping issue is poor form, and likely won't result in finding your package or receiving a refund from the vendor.

This should have been dealt with privately.

Op

You're brand new here. One of your threads is bashing one of the best vendors we have, and the other is praising a vendor that was banned a long time ago. I'm not saying you haven't had the problem you claim, but some of us are wondering if you want to be a part of this community, or simply joined for other reasons. FWIW, if this complaint holds water, I hope it gets resolved.

You mean I'm not the only one that checks OP's Threads Started and Posts to look for patterns :001_cool:

So, of all the praise received, I wonder how many have actually dealt with Phil (or are they "satisfied" customers simply because their packages arrived quickly). Just curious here.

I'll weigh in here: I have never ordered anything from Bullgoose. The only communication I've had with him is very recently when I wrote to inquire about the future availability of an out of stock (exclusive) item. He replied promptly with the approximate date he would have them.

Assignment of responsibility seems pretty simple to me, the buyer sent money, it's the seller's responsibility to deliver what the buyer paid for--deliver to the buyer that is. The seller may use a delivery agent, like UPS to effect the delivery, but that doesn't mitigate the seller's responsibility to deliver what was paid for. The performance of the delivery agent is an issue for the seller to correct--not the buyer.

To say it another way the buyer's responsibility in this transaction ended when he paid for the goods.

You mean I'm not the only one that check. OP's Threads Started and Posts to look for patterns :001_cool:

It gets better. Look posts down at the Old Town shaving thread. He bashes Damon in there with the claims that Damon only works with American buyers. I self moderated my remark from that thread.

Last edited:
It gets better. Look posts down at the Old Town shaving thread. He bashes Damon in there with the claims that Damon only works with American buyers. I self moderated my remark from that thread.

I also noticed that thread. I've never dealt with Damon or Old Town Shaving, myself, but I've heard good things about him/them. To your point, the OP's posts seem to be limited to either praise or criticism of vendors so far. As others have mentioned, he may need to establish a history here before he will be taken at face-value, for better or for worse...

Just to give a little more information, The OP had delivery instructions for the delivery person to deliver the package to his outhouse, leave the package on top of the toliet, and to close the door after him. Who would make this up?
The AUS Post scanned the package as delivered. The OP opened a Paypal claim and he lost.

Just to give a little more information, The OP had delivery instructions for the delivery person to deliver the package to his outhouse, leave the package on top of the toliet, and to close the door after him. Who would make this up?

Wow, you really can't make this stuff up!

Case closed.

Yep, with PayPal, that's how it goes. If it's under $250, no signature is required, and if electronic confirmation can be made (it's marked as "Delivered"), the seller wins. Over $250, and a signature is required. I believe that PayPal's stance is that it's the seller's responsibility to get the item to the buyer, but it's also the buyer's responsibility to have a safe place to have it delivered. The buyer would then need to follow up with his post office (to find out if it was delivered to the wrong person/address), or, of course, it could have been stolen.

The AUS Post scanned the package as delivered. The OP opened a Paypal claim and he lost.

Time for someone to go outhouse diving.:sob::sob:

Package was scanned as delivered, and with instructions as noted. Case closed.

I gotta build me an outhouse to accept parcels when I'm not home.

Currently I have them delivered to work during business hours, but an outhouse is much cooler :w00t:

I learned a lesson here. As facts dribbled out, I kept flip flopping on my view of what should happen here. This was worth reading, but for reasons not intended by the OP.

Only time I dealt with BG things seemed to go ok - for what its worth, though I had no actual contact.

end of my 2¢

This, on the other hand..

Airing dirty laundry here over a shipping issue is poor form, and likely won't result in finding your package or receiving a refund from the vendor.

This should have been dealt with privately.

What does this mean? I've seen many discussions here, and elsewhere regarding shipping concerns. Many. Are you saying they are all in "poor form'" and should be "dealt with privately"?
It's possible the OP has a hidden agenda, or maybe he doesn't. It's possible that Phil at BG made a mistake here, or maybe he didn't*. To be honest, I have only a mild curiosity as to what is the actual truth at hand (the full extent of my comments are above), but this knee jerk reaction of yours is wrong. I'd be very interested to hear what you believe is considered open for discussion, but elsewhere, so as not to sidetrack the matter at hand.

-s

* seems now that he didn't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom