What's new

Thumbs up to Mark @ Simpsons

I purchased a second hand Simpsons to continue my exploration into this new (for me) method of grooming.
Unfortunately the label was unpeeling, so thinking it was a fault, I contacted Mark Watterson at Simpsons.

His reply is an example of what to do in manufacturing and retail.
He responded politely.
He explained the situation.
he provided education into design features.
He went beyond what was reasonable.

I was not aware that the labels are a feature to distinguish new from used brushes and should show signs of fatigue once the brush has been used, due to water diluting the glue holding the label on.
So indeed it was not a fault with my brush, yet it was behaving as expected, yet he still went above and beyond to meet my needs and generously sent me a replacement label plus a sample of his shaving cream.

This, in part is my way of eating humble pie and admitting that what Mark did, he had no onus to do so, yet still out of professionalism/kindness and to encourage me during the beginning stages of this change of grooming habits, he still went ahead and did so.

Thank you Mark and your Lime cream is something I do plan to purchase in the future :)

Last edited:
Mark is a stand up guy. It's rare that the top dog of a company takes care of customer service issues. Mark is extremely involved and responsive.

It's that kind of service and courtesy that separates companies worth patronizing and sticking with from companies living on borrowed time.

Top Bottom