What's new

Schick Krona

Been thinking about a Schick Krona and a guy on the bay has a really nice one for $20. I've never used one; and this one looks to be in exceptional condition. If I don't grab it, it may be worth looking into.

I'm waiting on a couple to arrive in the post (a '64-65 and a '68-71), and keen to give them a go.
Searching for info on the forums, you'll be hard pressed to find a bad word said about them.

Last edited:
Highly recommend it, if you dig around here it is considered an unsung hero of sorts. It's been compared to super speeds and received a lot of praise, and suppose to be mild. I have one on the way should be here anyday now.

I own about five Kronas and IMO it is the most underrated DE razor there is. It is the mother of all DE sleepers. It is my 'go to' DE razor. Will it provide a skin scraping BBS shave? Not quite. However, it is child's play to get a DFS with one. The head must have been designed by a genius as the angle is perfect and there is no 'swimming' on your face trying desperately to find the correct angle as it merely falls all right into place.

If you are however obsessed with a BBS shave that resembles a PGA golf green then move on, it's not for you.

I bought the Krona, $25 w/ shipping. I'll have it today. If it doesn't work for me, I'll BST it for what I paid. But from all that I've read, it's a fine and overlooked butterfly DE. I don't care for Super Speed razors; and so I'm assuming the Krona will be a departure from the Gillette's butterfly razors.

Thanks for the feedback, gentlemen.

Top Bottom