What's new

Your Top 3 Most Complimented Colognes

My wife likes Gillette After Shave Balm the best. Go figure, the cheapest stuff you can buy. I try to expand my horizons but it always comes back to this stuff.

I wore L'Occitane Cedre and Oranger in the office the other day. I went to get a coffee, and when I came back to my desk, had an email from a female colleague that'd I'd just walked past, saying "I know this is really creepy...but what cologne are you wearing? I need to get it for my fiancé ASAP!". My girlfriend absolutely loves it too.

So far for me it has been:

1. Gillette Cool Wave AS splash
2. Amouage Lyric Man and Jubilation XXV (tie)
3. Modern English Leather

While I do not dislike any, with the possible exception of the Cool Wave, they certainly do not conflate with my personal faves or self-perception of "best." For example, I really like vintage Fahrenheit, but have been told twice by an Asian co-worker when wearing it that I smelled like Durian.

Interesting that there are none that seem to come up repeatedly in these posts....Im in the hunt for a new scent after using Hugo Boss Energize for the last 10+years.

Not in any particular order:

- Dior Homme Intense (especially during the cold winter evenings)
- Chanel Allure Homme Sport
- Cool Water / Acqua di Gio - Many turn their noses at these fragrances because it seems that everyone has a bottle. However, ladies complement these two like no other.

1. Acqua Di Parma Colonia Intensa
2. Creed Aventus
3. Greed GIT

For what its worth, both 1 and 2 are in the spicy category, but 1 is more office and 2 is more evening out. 3 is warm weather.

Truefitt and Hill- Trafalgar. I used to love wearing it for my dental cleanings, the young hygienist would be flirting up a storm.

Top Bottom