What's new

Newbish what tobacco next?

Smoked OTCs back 35yrs and now picking up a pipe again after my 35yrs hiatus. From memory I smoked a lot of Borkum Riff whiskey some PA, Sir Walter, Palledin black cherry, Captain Black a little bitey and Middleton Cherry and Apple which had way to much bite.

Now to present(2 weeks) MM corncob only pipe, Borkum Riff Whiskey, PA, CH, Smokers Pride Vanilla Cavendish(it sounded good) I will purchase more CH and maybe PA in a pinch.

Now looking to place a order at P&C to get the free shipping what do I order or not based on previous heathen baccies.
2 MM corn cobs gotta start again somewhere.
Thinking 1-2 oz bulk samples when available
Lane 1-Q
Lane BCA
Lane Black Cherry
Mississippi River
Plum Pudding
Frog Morton
Apple Barrel
Dunhill Early Morning
And some more CH

Love the room notes of aromatics but not the bite so don't think I want aromatics what should I add or remove from my present list?

Thanks

Last edited:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
If you are ordering from P&C add a couple ounces of Hearth and Home Vermont Meat Candy. Yeah, it sounds weird but it's good stuff.

Frog Morton cellar is nice and Lane LL7 has been great. I recently received some trout stream and Vermont meat candy, both smell great but haven't had a chance to smoke them.

Those 4 offer a good variety in room note.

Last edited:
Definitely hit the Hearth and Home blends. Some of the best deals in the tobacco world. Classic Burley Kake, Anniversary Kake, Larry's Blend, Louisiana Red, Freight Train. It's really an economical way to try a huge variety of great tobaccos.

Still working my order list.
Lane 1Q
Lane BCA
Lane Black Raspberry
Lane LL-7
Carter Hall
H&H Bulk Anniversary kake
H&H Bulk Classic Burley Kake
H&H Bulk Louisiana Red
H&H Bulk 10 to Midnight
Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding
Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River
Dunhill Early Morning
My Mixture 965
Scotty's HPCS Trout Stream
Frog Morton's Cellar
Frog Morton
Sugar Barrel

Looking to try new baccies that I might like as a newbie, list is as compiled thus far may slim down if someone sees something on the list that they don't think I will like.
P&C offers free shipping over $99 so I am thinking an oz or 2 of samples to get over $99, The shipping charges otherwise amount to 2-3 oz of tobaccie and I am frugal(cheap)

I stopped by a local pipe/cigar shop yesterday and picked up 5-1oz samples of bulk to try out$37.50. I will not do business with someone charging tin prices on bulk I will not be going back.
1-Q
BCA
Early Morning
Night Cap
My 965

Last edited:
Still working my order list.
Lane 1Q
Lane BCA
Lane Black Raspberry
Lane LL-7
Carter Hall
H&H Bulk Anniversary kake
H&H Bulk Classic Burley Kake
H&H Bulk Louisiana Red
H&H Bulk 10 to Midnight
Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding
Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River
Dunhill Early Morning
My Mixture 965
Scotty's HPCS Trout Stream
Frog Morton's Cellar
Frog Morton
Sugar Barrel

Scottys butternut burley never disappoints!

Peter stokeby luxury navy flake. Delicious to me but we all have different tastes. Good luck and enjoy! Get as much as you can whilst you can is my advice.

Peter stokeby luxury navy flake. Delicious to me but we all have different tastes. Good luck and enjoy! Get as much as you can whilst you can is my advice.

Seconded, with the addition of Luxury Bullseye Flake. Even the Twist Flake is good. The stuff is priced to sell too!

Top Bottom