What's new

Stone with printed instruction

I bought this stone which has instructions printed on the surface. However I can't read Japanese. Any help translating is appreciated.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413606822.193527.jpg

Heh, I think it says "if you can't read this, send it to the first poster in your B&B thread." :laugh:

Seriously though, what is that? Nat or Synth? I'm guessing the former by the looks of it. Nice looking stone!

Shobu Asagi. Takeshi rated it 89 hardness 92 grit fineness. I'm wondering why it is labeled Asagi since it has Kiita coloration too.

Ha! I had my eye on that one!! lol
Hope it works well!

I get it Friday. I'll post a video this weekend. 89/92 seems like a great combo. I hope it is faster and easier to use than my Shuobudani Type 100 which is super hard and was tough to learn.

I get it Friday. I'll post a video this weekend. 89/92 seems like a great combo. I hope it is faster and easier to use than my Shuobudani Type 100 which is super hard and was tough to learn.

Yes I'm curious to hear about how it does compared to your Shuobudani 100. I had actually messaged Takeshi about that stone (it was still available) and when he messaged me back maybe a few hours after, it was sold to you apparently! lol

Did you get a tomo to go with it as well?

Yes I'm curious to hear about how it does compared to your Shuobudani 100. I had actually messaged Takeshi about that stone (it was still available) and when he messaged me back maybe a few hours after, it was sold to you apparently! lol

Did you get a tomo to go with it as well?

Seems like several folks were eyeing it. I already have Botan, Meijiro and a Tomo Kiita. I will also try my Shuobudani Asagi as Tomo.

The Type 100 has been relegated to the kitchen and is doing a nice job with my knives. It seems to work better when I can apply more pressure. I hope it can do double duty as Tomo.

Top Bottom