What's new

So I ordered the Roedter 1909

It's has been almost one year and a half since I started DE shaving and I have ordered my third razor: Roedter 1909. According to reviews this is the number one razor when it comes to agressiveness. Since I have been shaving for months with the Fatip Piccollo, and get full BBS shaves with no nicks, cuts or razorburns I decided to buy this razor.

Does anyone else has this razor too? Is it really agressive as people claim it to be?

I know it's a misproduction, I also have heard that there is a small batch of them. For my thick and coarse beard I do need an agressive razor, the Fatip Piccollo is fine but you know how this hobby is :lol:

I use a Merkur 23C with the base plate removed. I think the next step in aggressiveness is a straight razor.

Hey I know this is an older post but euro did you ever get your roedter? And how was the shave I use an ikon shavecraft tech that has similar blade exposure I think and I love it

I wish you the best of luck. I still got mine in its original box in a chest of drawers. All I've done is to put a handwritten note in the box: "Don't ever shave with this razor". If your will come to like yours (I hope you will) and want a spare send me a PM and I'll pif you mine.

I wish you the best of luck. I still got mine in its original box in a chest of drawers. All I've done is to put a handwritten note in the box: "Don't ever shave with this razor". If your will come to like yours (I hope you will) and want a spare send me a PM and I'll pif you mine.
Thanks Arne! I just had to try it didn't I?
If only to see how it would match up against the 2011 R41.
But I'm not expecting much from it :001_smile

:20:
Hello,

Ok I'll bite....... Or maybe the razor will. Who sells this instrument of RAD?

Cheers
John
Ha ha - "instrument of RAD" :001_smile
Here it is:
Rasierhobel Chrom sehr agressiv

Barbiera Di Figari I the Netherlands also have them.

Since it's actually a FaTip, as well as the Chrome finish they also come in the Titanium effect and Gold effect.

From what I remember the FaTip Titanium effect coating was poor quality but we're not really concerned with the cosmetics here eh?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I just checked it out at the ScharferLaden website. Does 19 euro for razor and 30 euro to ship to US sound right?

Why don't you just buy a Fatip here in the US? Cheaper, since that's what they're selling.

Why don't you just buy a Fatip here in the US? Cheaper, since that's what they're selling.

Now I wonder. I thought this was a different or modified Fatip. I have a standard Fatip OC. Is the Roedter 1909 the same razor just different name?

Cheers
John

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
It looks to me from pics and a video that the cap doesn't come down all the way when tightened, sort of like a small shim at the post, this leaves the blade floating up against the top cap and more perpendicular to the handle (not as curved). Could cause some chatter.

Now I get the OC 'thing'

18028610ml.jpg

Top Bottom