What's new

Alpa products

I just finished off a nice bottle of the Czech-made Alpa 378. Very close to Irisch Moos which to me is a very good thing.

Now I'm interested in exploring some other Alpa products but not sure which way to go. I see they have a Fougere, Windsor, Violet, and others. Anyone a fan of Alpa products?

I second that. I'm using Alpa Fougere as an aftershave and it's great. Masculine, crisp. Great for fall and winter wear, in my opinion. And the prices for Alpa products are great, if you can find them. Right now a bit difficult in Canada.

I have almost everything from Alpa and my favorite is:
Alpa Windsor Aftershave Splash Yellow - superb
Alpa 378 AS Splash
Alpa Classique
Alpa Farao "Pharoah"
Alpha Chypre EDC
Alpa Fougere EDC
I had Alpa Fialka and Konvalinka and I sold/trade scent was not for me.
I did not try shave cream but it is coming to me.
You will not regret - in the worst case you trade.

Alpa Windsor is one of my favourite aftershaves. That yellow labeled pre-shave version is better as a aftershave than a preshave.

I found the Fougere EDC didn't work as an aftershave for my skin. I now use it as a fragrance and love the scent.

I didn't enjoy the fougere much and the wife hated it, so it had to go.

The Chypre is nice, but I think it smells kind of cheap.

Alpa Windsor Yellow is on it's way....

$alpa3.jpg

Not sure about the ingediences used there or the effects, but in Czech, "před holením" mean pre-shave, while "po holení" means after shave.

The Yellow is indeed a pre-shave however it is quite good as an aftershave. It has a similar ingredients list to the Blue aftershave but it has a good dose of glycerin.

Last week in CZ....

$IMG_20150904_142909221.jpg

Oooops, AD? Do I need help?
Btw, the barbus shaving creams are winners - well, the Barbus Sport is for people who like blue after shaves, so not for me - but the classic soap and cream... fantastic old school barber smell (and made in Slovakia, not Czech).
The Alpa AS and Colognes are described more eloquently elsewhere let it suffice that SWMBO approves of them all - which always is a plus.
As an aside, none of the products cost more than 2$ at Rossman and Tesco.

Last week in CZ....

Oooops, AD? Do I need help?
Btw, the barbus shaving creams are winners - well, the Barbus Sport is for people who like blue after shaves, so not for me - but the classic soap and cream... fantastic old school barber smell (and made in Slovakia, not Czech).
The Alpa AS and Colognes are described more eloquently elsewhere let it suffice that SWMBO approves of them all - which always is a plus.
As an aside, none of the products cost more than 2$ at Rossman and Tesco.

Nice score!

Top Bottom