What's new

That oops moment

I had one of those oops moments where I accidentally dinged the handle of my DE razor, against the faucet, while rinsing it off in the sink. That despite being careful as always. Oh well, some items, such as razors are meant to be used and loved.

What was your most recent oops moment?

Worst one was touching the edge of the blade while discarding it into a box I was opening with my other hand. Lesson learned never multitasking again while handling a blade.

I had a one liter glass bottle of an Italian aftershave, I dropped it on the floor in my room. I got so pissed of but hey my room smelled great for one month.

Two things. Dropped my apothecary mug while cleaning it. Didn't break, thankfully. Also, the other day I dropped my Merkur 34c while rinsing it. Didn't damage it but scared me enough.

Been wet shaving a month now, and I got my worst cut today. It was when I looked away while changing a blade. The blade twisted and sliced my thumb.

Like i_don't_bite said, no multitasking when handling blades!

One of the best oops moment is when I had my first shave with an Astra. It was a head shave as well and I was just one month in. Everything was going fine until I sliced a piece of skin off the top of my skull. It was about 1 by 3 centimeters long. I never felt it and it only hurt when I cleaned it with some iodine.

Shavette......Feather blade......my thoughts wandered onto something else and my wrist decided it could shave without listening to my brain. You know how that ends, a loud curse and one reaching for the styptic pencil.

I was washing my bowl when something caught my eye out the bathroom window. The bowl, full of water, slipped and smashed against my toes. I was limping for two days.

I lost my concentration and was taking very long strokes with my Ej DE89. At the end of a stroke I made rotated the head of the razor against my skin with a wrist motion. I scooped a small divot out of my chin. I now use short strokes only.

I was really tired in my morning shave, when I was doing a s to n pass on my neck I tried to move the razor over to start my neck swipe but I didn't lift the razor to first. So I just dragged my razor sideways across my neck. Got a bad cut for a few days

I had one of those oops moments where I accidentally dinged the handle of my DE razor, against the faucet, while rinsing it off in the sink. That despite being careful as always. Oh well, some items, such as razors are meant to be used and loved.

What was your most recent oops moment?
I did the same while half asleep last week.... She was replated last year, the perfect finish lasted about 11 months longer than I thought!

Y'all are mostly describing accidents and the occasional lapse in attention. I tried to use my finger to wipe something off the head of my Red Tip yesterday, knowing full well that there was a blade in it. Missed. Completely. The entire moment looked like this: I walk into my bathroom, brush my teeth before bed, say "hey, lookit that", pick up my Red Tip, and prompty shove my index finger directly into a Personna Blue blade. It was like I got possessed by an evil spirit that wanted to see me bleed.... or just see me do something very stupid very quickly.

Y'all are mostly describing accidents and the occasional lapse in attention. I tried to use my finger to wipe something off the head of my Red Tip yesterday, knowing full well that there was a blade in it. Missed. Completely. The entire moment looked like this: I walk into my bathroom, brush my teeth before bed, say "hey, lookit that", pick up my Red Tip, and prompty shove my index finger directly into a Personna Blue blade. It was like I got possessed by an evil spirit that wanted to see me bleed.... or just see me do something very stupid very quickly.
Yeowch!!!! Yes those evil spirits are nasty little suckers!!! Here's to a quick recovery!

Decided to rotate the razor 90 degrees and shave in a different direction, however forgot to lift the razor off the skin when rotating it. Nice little scrape and cut. Stupid!

Top Bottom