What's new

OS X Yosemite

Legion

Staff member
Yes, they put that feature on somewhere around 10.8 or so when they started pushing the mac/app store. By default, I suppose it stops idiots from downloading and installing malicious software. If you have a new mac, you are on MUCH later than 10.4...not sure why its not working for you? What are you trying to install? Maybe you grabbed the wrong version? Yosemite is version 10.10.

TrueCrypt. It is a known fault, according to the intermanet. There is a workaround, but it is still a PITA.

I just upgraded. New job, new MBP that was running Mavericks. I probably just broke a few graphics programs that I need to run at work, but oh well. I like everything so far. Icons are a bit more cartoony than previous, but its kind of more on par with the current iOS.

I hate the new Spotlight. Hate it. I'll see how it goes the next few days. I use Spotlight for everything. It pops up that huge block in the middle of the screen. Why not the little unobtrusive thing in the upper right hand corner? Why not let the user choose to put it back there? I use it as my calculator. I don't need that huge thing to pop up when I need to figure out what the decimal equivalent of 17/32 is. I'm interested how this is going to impact my daily work in Illustrator. The hotkey toggle for the zoom marquee is yep you guessed it....command spacebar. In the past, it would toggle Spotlight when I used it to zoom, but it never got in the way. I'm going to have to remember to press spacebar first, then command. Huge PITA. Especially since I use that command countless times in a day and have never really had to think about the order I pressed the buttons. Ugh, first world problems. Though this does affect productivity at work.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I think I should be using spotlight more...as in start using it since I never have used it before.

Top Bottom