What's new

Can you mix a deodorant stone with a regular deodorant?

I've been using the Thai crystal deodorant stone for a while now after having a bad reaction to aluminum based antiperspirants. It works well for me since I'm not a heavy sweater.
I've recently discovered the C&E Sandalwood EDT and I like it so much I would love nothing better than to smell like that all the time. They make a regular deodorant with that scent as well as a bodywash. I'm running into the same problem a lot of people have with this EDT, it doesn't last very long at all. I want to try layering the scent by using the bodywash, deodorant, and maybe even the shaving products too if I'm going out (I'm a proraso face freeze addict and don't want to switch to another cream for everyday use).
Can you layer regular deodorant over crystal deodorant? I'm making the assumption that since it is labeled deodorant and not antiperspirant that it doesn't have aluminum. Anyone here ever tried it?

Better check the ingredients. You also dont want to over do it with the scent. You may just wind up smelling like a tree.

I've used the l'occitane crystal and then on top of that another deoderant/antipersperant (mitchum,degree,brut). i apply the puck after getting out of shower and then apply regular deoderant. it works pretty well. never had any reactions between the two.

I don't think there would be any harm in it, you're basically just mixing in alum to a deodorant, some deodorants come with alum pre-mixed in. Unless the C&E deodorant doesn't perform well for you, you may find it to be overkill, though.

I'll usually follow an alum deodorant with that Old Spice body spray, although occasionally I'll use a dab of cologne or a spritz of EDT, and I do start to smell like the Sandalwood EDT if I've applied it that day and am working up a sweat.

Thanks guys. I picked up some C&E Sandalwood deodorant, shaving cream, and aftershave during lunch. They didn't have any body wash (there is no C&E store here in Lubbock, TX, but there is a locally owned business that has a small selection). I put on the deodorant and it is working like a champ, no adverse reaction with the alum and the smell is definately lasting longer now.

You would probably be OK with using a crystal followed by a deodorant. If you were to follow with an antiperspirant instead then you might have problems.

I've been using an alum rock for a while now but find that on some days I do produce a "scent".
Would it be too much if I used something like an Old Spice stick over an application of alum?

I've been using an alum rock for a while now but find that on some days I do produce a "scent".
Would it be too much if I used something like an Old Spice stick over an application of alum?

I do it all the time. Just be sure it is NOT an anti-perspirant, just deodorant.

Regards,

Paul

Tried this today.
Was ok, possibly a little "scent" towards end of the day (maybe in my head!)
What was a little uncomfortable was the wet feeling in my pits after applying the old spice stick- this lasted for at least 2 hours.

why is there a problem with mixing the stone and a antiperspirant or a deodorant/antiperspirant ? Does it form a dangerous chemical ?
I was planning to mix the stone and a deodorant/antiperspirant because I also want to prevent the sweating.

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
wondering what the deal with mixing the two is myself. I have mixed a deodorant with out issues.

Of COURSE there is no problem. My "explosion" comment was meant to be humorous.

Although I once mixed hair gel with hairspray on my head by accident, and it caused my toenails to fall off.

Top Bottom