What's new

Holy Latakia!

So Im just starting to smoke a pipe as of 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately I live in Canada and suffer from crazy tobacco tax (50g is around $30) so it's expensive to buy a lot of tobacco to experiment. Not only that, but my local B&M only sells bulk aromatics. I decided to purchase a supply of some "must try's" from two different vendors in the US. After all was said and done I only spent a third of what I would have up here in the north. Well, the first box came today!! Included was Orlik golden sliced, dunhill morning pipe, and Mississipi River. After anxiously opening them and giving them all a good sniff, all I can say is wow. Latakia is one powerful smell haha. I was amazed at how different they all smelled from the couple aromatics I've had. Very excited to try one of them out later tonight. I think I'll start with the Orlik and give you guys an update on what I thought later.

Thanks B&B Brownleaf for all the great information :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
When you can you should try some Lancer's Slices and Drew Estate's Meat Pie. The Meat Pie is especially great smelling. I need to get around to smoking a bowl of it.

I drifted away from latakia for a while. I was so sad as I was a latakia pig. Then, just recently had a bowl of SG Skiff Mixture and drifted to heaven (or the smokey depths of indulgence perhaps?). Enjoy the journey wherever it takes you but keep on mind tastes change so always remember to head back in time to something you may not have been so sure about.

I recently picked up some frog Morton cellar based on a suggestion here and I love it. It is phenomenal.

I believe it is considered a heavily latakia influences blend? I had always been a little Leary of the latakias because I was told they were ultra strong. not so with the frog.

I smoke maybe a bowl or two a week, and the frog has become my go to.

No need to fear the latakia. Latakia is mild as far as vitamin N is concerned; what's strong about it, to some people, is the scent and flavor, which is like a campfire or incense. Personally I can't get enough of it.

Sorry for the late response! Life has been busy, however now I've had the chance to smoke a few different tobaccos. What I have found is, I LOVE Latakia and English blends. So far my go to tobaccos are Frog Morton and Mississipi River. I don't mind aromatics once in a while. And I will smoke virginas once in a while. However nothing compares to the deep smoky flavour of English. I think I've found my calling haha

Top Bottom