What's new

Cheaper alternative to Clinique M Lotion?

I have been using M Lotion for a few years now and I love it. I recently however read a few posts on here saying, basically, that although it's a good cream, it's way overpriced and the same results can be had with much cheaper products. Does anyone know of a similar product that is a bit easier on the wallet? Thanks in advance. :biggrin:

Nivea Sensitive ASB; Aqua Velva Ice Balm ASB.

Clinique M lotion is some good stuff,, but it is overpriced imho. I stopped using it years ago too-although it was the notion of products for men that put the bug in my head about wetshaving.

marty

If I remember right the M lotion is a fairly thin/light lotion that is yellow in color, correct?

I used to use this stuff all the time w/their 3 step process (face bar, astringent/toner, m lotion), but quit since I moved to Dallas as I found the lotion a bit too heavy for the humidity (though it's been a very good nighttime moisturizer).

If you don't mind using it, it's the exact same lotion as their Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion (for women). They just put it in different packaging and jack up the price a little for dudes.

I ran out of M lotion and started using some dramatically different 1/2oz sample bottles that the gf had and they seemed exactly the same to me anyway. Get a sample and try it out yourself, but I do remember that the same stuff in the bottles for girls was significantly cheaper than the guy stuff.

That, or check ebay. If you're patient you can find practically anything cheaper on ebay.

If I remember right the M lotion is a fairly thin/light lotion that is yellow in color, correct?

I used to use this stuff all the time w/their 3 step process (face bar, astringent/toner, m lotion), but quit since I moved to Dallas as I found the lotion a bit too heavy for the humidity (though it's been a very good nighttime moisturizer).

If you don't mind using it, it's the exact same lotion as their Clinique dramatically different moisturizing lotion (for women). They just put it in different packaging and jack up the price a little for dudes.

I ran out of M lotion and started using some dramatically different 1/2oz sample bottles that the gf had and they seemed exactly the same to me anyway. Get a sample and try it out yourself, but I do remember that the same stuff in the bottles for girls was significantly cheaper than the guy stuff.

That, or check ebay. If you're patient you can find practically anything cheaper on ebay.

Hey thanks for the tip! I'll be heading downtown to check out the Dramatically Different goop later today. :biggrin:

jramire2 is right. M Lotion and the Clinique dramatically different mosturizer for women is the same thing. The M lotion might be just a tad thinner. I found the M Lotion after using the women's lotion ("borrowed" it from my wife) for years. No big difference in the two.

I've been using Desert Essence Moisturizer and like it just as well.
http://www.desertessence.com/pages/skincare.html#Daily
I picked it up at Whole foods for about $6 for a 4 oz tub. Much cheaper than Clinique. Also contains no petroleum if you're into that.

Maleface cream is your best bet, go to qedusa.com to order it from their page, email the site owner if you cant find it on the site, its on their special sell all page thats highlighted with flashing logo when youre on the main page.

Hey thanks for the tip! I'll be heading downtown to check out the Dramatically Different goop later today. :biggrin:

The M lotion for men and women are slightly different (Ph, for ex.- at least they claim so). Get a sample of the men's and compare to the women's (if your wife already has some). For some, their is a difference and one works better. I use the M with SPF 21 which seems to work better for me regardless of the time of year, etc. We are, of course, all the same, just different. :eek: :lol: (And some of us will hate the stuff! I find their scruffing lotion, for ex., to be brutal on my neck but it does great things for my nose and forehead. Normally, they will give you samples so you don't have to buy it to find out it doesn't work. Also, some of them will take it back if it doesn't work- depends on the retailer.

Top Bottom