What's new

What Schick Injector model did Cary Grant use in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House

What Schick Injector model did Cary Grant use in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House? If you know the model then take your best guess at the handle color too.

The movie was filmed in the Fall of 1947.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Looks like a G to me. White or cream handle. Just trying to guess how they'd look in b&w. For that matter I don't know how an E handle would look. I'm just guessing it would be darker.

I looks like a G. If the movie was made in 1947 the G's were in production, and it would be reasonable to assume he would use a current razor unless the script called for an older model.

Thanks all. I went through the dvd frame by frame looking at the razor shape and color. The color is pretty solid although minor variations in color may be present that can't be seen. I compared the metal of the razor to other metal in the bathroom and the handle to other white objects. Handle looks to be off-white or cream, not as white as the lather on Grant's face or Myrna Loy's terry cloth bathrobe. One thing I was impressed with that may not be so noticeable in the youtube video is the luster of the razor. There are a couple moments where the stage lights really get reflected by the razor.

Aha! One of the colors of the handle of the Schick Injector Type G is what I would call a slightly yellowish cream. I have one. I think your mystery has been solved.

Cool video. Saw that movie recently on TMC. I did not realize that the Tom Hanks/Shelley Long movie "The Money Pit" from 1986 was based on this Cary Grant movie.

I have a Type G on the way. Pretty close color wise. Will be my first(that is a dangerous word around here) Schick Injector and I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs.

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Cool video. Saw that movie recently on TMC. I did not realize that the Tom Hanks/Shelley Long movie "The Money Pit" from 1986 was based on this Cary Grant movie.
I didn't know that either. I grew up watching "The Money Pit."

I have a Type G on the way. Pretty close color wise. Will be my first(that is a dangerous word around here) Schick Injector and I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs.
*SPOILER ALERT* It performs great. The G is a great starter Injector, and also great for the more experienced. It's just an all-around great razor. My first Injector was a G.

Top Bottom