What's new

The Key to a smooth shave

Sure I believe you but Brooksie is in the Yukon! LOL

Good ol' Nova Scotia. Lol. I played hockey out there in my youth. Remember the winters all too well. Funny that Bob Probert's name came up. I used to play pickup hockey in the summer with him and some other local NHLers back in the day when our seasons were over.

The key to a good shave...knowledge. It's a conceptual based answer; however, a truly knowledgeable honer will likely obtain a smooth shave. Beyond that is just chasing for improvement (which is good, IMO). Which is why I'm mailing my straights to Brooksie for honing. My work and family life is far too hectic at present and my attempts at honing have ruined my edges. Including the sweet edge on the razor I got from you, Buca.

I'm throwing my stones on the BST and will try again in a couple yrs. For now, I'll stick to touch ups with my stock of lapping film.

His mailing address is Nova Scotia, but Newfoundlanders can be found everywhere. If you come across one or recognize one near you, the key is to walk away slowly...

Guys he's not a Newfie, he's from Ontario...he just got lost or something and landed in Nova Scotia, and he stayed because he liked the town of Greenwood so much :-D

One cannot underestimate the importance of the tomato test. Here are a couple of examples:

Last edited by a moderator:
One cannot underestimate the importance of the tomato test. Here are a couple of examples:

I remember that commercial. Lol!

Seraphim...I sent some straights to Brooksie for honing but kept one back to do myself, time permitting. I have 12u, 5u, 3u and 1u film. Can I set a bevel with the 12u? Or is it better to use my Chosera 1k for that? Any recommended progression? It's a full hollow in good shape. No repairs needed, etc. Came from Larry at Whipped Dog.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom