What's new

How Good are Edison Pen Company Pens?

I currently don't have an Edison pen and probably will purchase one in the future after reading about all the rave reviews about them. I'm leaning towards the Beaumont.

Here's my current line up in order of preference:

1. Pilot Vanishing Point, F
2. Lamy 2000, EF
3. TWSBI Diamond 540, EF
4. Pelikan M215, EF
5. Franklin-Christoph B&B LE/Model 27 Collegia, F
6. Franklin-Christoph B&B LE/Model 27 Collegia, EF
7. Lamy Safari, EF
8. Sailor 1911, H-F

Which Edison models do you have? What are your overall thoughts on Edison pens? How are the nibs compared to the other pens you have?

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I have this one, an Edison. It is large, and built like a tank. The nib is excellent. Very smooth, if a bit on the firm side. I write unposted, so the size is not an issue.

I don't have one, but a colleague does and is constantly raving about it. Almost makes me with I'd have waited on my Pelikan...almost.

I have a handful of Menlos. I liked my first one well enough to pull the trigger a couple of more times. They are well made and the customer service is second to none.
The nibs are made by JoWo in Germany. I have a 1.1 steel, and an extra fine 14k that have not been doctored. Both are on par with my Mont Blanc nibs, and superior to my Monteverde nibs.
I also have a steel Edison stub that Pendleton Brown ground to .7 that I enjoy, and a couple of 14kt full flex Richard Binder nibs. The binder nibs are my favorites.

Hudson and Collier owner. I appreciate the size of the pens as my hands are large and I do not cap my pens. The fit and finish of Brian's pens are spectacular. The nibs are smooth and the feeds are generous. Nice pens.

This is my Edison Herald. It has been my daily driver for a while now. Perfect size, feels great, and writes wonderfully.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413398041.699588.jpg

I can only vouch for what I have used.

The Lamy Safari is the finest pen I have ever used and I made my living with a fountain pen.
It is now an essential extension of my right arm.

Mickey

Edison pens are great. JoWo make fantastic nibs, and you can't beat Edison's build quality and service, although I doubt you'll need the latter. I don't have any info, but there may still be time for a B&B LE Edison this year. I'm waiting with bated breath, anyway.

-Andy

Amazing. I have a Beaumont and it is fantastic. The customer service is fantastic... Brian puts up with me every time I break mine. :lol:

Last edited:
I have the B&B LE Glenmont, B&B LE Herald Grande and a LE Stealth Beaumont. Nibs are great, build is great and Customer service is excellent. My Beaumont had a cap issue that Brian fixed immediately!

Tom

I have both a Beaumont and a Herald Grande.

Both good pens, with great quality, but to me the nib seems the same as my TWSBI (IMO)

Can't vouch for Brian's customer service, as I've never had to use it, so that is perhaps saying something about the quality....

Last edited:
Just an FYI, I posted on here about how my EF nib seemed a bit scratchy. Within hours, Brian responded and said to send it back in and he would adjust it. I never did, because I think it was just my lack of experience with an EF nib, but the fact that he was so quick to want to make things right (more than right, IMO) really impressed me.

Top Bottom