What's new

Your best/worst razor and blade combo

Out of everything you have tried and experimented with, what have you determined to be your absolute best razor and blade combination? What has been the worst combination?

I think my best so far has been a 40s Gillette Tech with a Feather blade. Gave me a smooth, irritation free shave that just felt right.

Worst has probably been my Parker 99r with a Shark blade.

Luckily i have not had a bad razor but if o had to choose my least favorite it would be my Lord l6 just because it's too light. However blades is another story... i would rather use a rusty dollar store blade than use a dorko blade every again in my life. These things should be taken off the market....

Best - Pre-war Tech with a Feather
Worst - Razorock Jaws with a Shark (just don't....seriously, don't)

Honorable Mention - 1933 Gillette New, Razorock Jaws, and an F3 Fatboy all with Feathers.

Best - PermaSharp; performs great on any razor performs the best on FaTip Piccollo.
Worst - Derby + Merkur 34C HD; on any spot I shaved with it it have me a razor burn.

Best - 1940's super Speed w/ Gillette Silver Blues
Worst - 1911 Single Ring with Feather (not really worst, just a little more of a challenge to control)

Best: Gillette Pre-War Tech with Feather blade
Worst: Gillette Flair Tip with Sharp Stainless blade (only time I stopped in mid-shave to change blades)

Best: Gillette Tech Ball with Ladas Blade(s)
Worst: Gillette SS with Polsilver blade(s)

Last edited:
Using known good performing (for me) razors and blades that just don't work out together as opposed to one part of the equation being junk...

Best: Merkur 34C, Schick Plus Platinum. Had many, many excellent shaves with this combo.

Worst: Gillette Rocket HD, Perma Sharp Super. PSS just doesn't work for me in mild razors. Not unpleasant or anything. Just ineffective.

Top Bottom