What's new

Straight trials improved my DE shave!

2nd try with a straight and after a couple decent passes on the cheeks got a little jittery and calmly put the straight away for the evening. Mission accomplished.

i grabbed my slant with a Feather in it (not my favorite razor) to finish the shave and had a revelation.

Shaving with the Slant was like child's play. Getting the angle right just clicked and I got my best DE shave ever. It was like driving a sports car on my face.

I'm pretty sure this is not uncommon...right?

i think expecting a good straight shave right away is like expecting to pick up a guitar for the first time and play a concert. I'm going to keep at it...blood and all, and enjoy some of the side benefits as well. :biggrin1:

I experienced something similar. I think for me it was that I was in an extra full concentration mode. After I set the straight down, it seemed much easier to kee the angle right on my de.

Once you start to climb the learning curves of the straights, most of us found our DE technique vastly improved by the experience. Pretty common to see gents run into that. Keep on the straight journey though, it's even more rewarding in the end. :)

Amen! After only a few weeks with a sahavette and now a straight, I'm super sensitive to the feel of pressure and blade angle. I do get mare and better feedback from the straights, but the DE seems much more intuitive now.

Top Bottom