What's new

Gentlemen Restraint for One Month - November 2014 Edition

Have you maxed out your credit card; gotten that look from your SO/SWMBO when a new package arrives; pass your days looking through shaving equipment knowing you don't need it? We have been there (some of us keep coming back). This is a chance to sit back and enjoy what you have while trying to subdue the constant feeling of needing more.

This the Monthly Restraining Order for November 1-30, 2014

RULES

*1. No personal shaving purchases. (Members may purchase shaving related items for others to encourage the hobby/lifestyle. However, members are not allowed to request
any form of compensation in return, please use your best judgement).
2. Members must have the necessary supplies to last the length of the restraint.

*EXCEPTIONS

1. Members that have committed themselves and successfully completed the October Restraint will be allowed to restock/treewhale on November 1st ONLY. Rid your system of any AD's in preparation for another month.

2. Members may participate in B&B Group Buys or B&B branded shaving item purchases, because these may be limited items and all support this common ground. They must be advertised on behalf of B&B to qualify.
In an effort to stay true to restraint commitments, please limit B&B purchases to one (1) shaving item per month, including contributions to B&B! (All Non-Shaving B&B items are fair game [emoji106])

3. 'Saint Sue Moore Memorial Fundraiser

4. Reindeer & Sleigh - Holiday Gift Exchange

This is perfect for those that failed the yearly or quarterly sabbatical that want to curb their ADs. We will welcome those who fail every month and want to give it another shot, even those that fail on the first day of the restraint [emoji106]

Remember everyone, it can be harder than it sounds, so keep fighting the urge!
:a11:

Mods:
We humbly request that you all would leave this in the General shaving forum until November 2nd so we can get as many as possible to see this restraint. Thread can be moved to the Brotherhoods and Clubs.

Copy the list and add your name to the bottom. Also feel free to add MoRO(November) with your number in your signature. Leaders will check in for roll call at some points of the restraint (charger, Cosmos Mariner, Kevdogg329, abragus, anyone else that wants to assist with this)

​1. charger
2. Kevdogg329

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, having finally failed in October after two days of hanging by the cliff, falling, being rescued etc., I will now be in for this and finish this. I'll finish my purchases this month and unsubscribe from ebay after the 31st.

1. charger
2. Kevdogg329
3. Abragus
4. Socialjunk95
5. B_market
6. Guru17

I haven't decide if my mind is strong enough yet, or if I've come so far in my disorder that I've passed denial and have reached acknowledgment yet. But I'm subscribing!

I spent over a Hundred dollars on just a few vintage razors and soaps... in the last 2 Days. Im in!

1. charger
2. Kevdogg329
3. Abragus
4. Socialjunk95
5. B_market
6. Guru17
7. Zed117

My wife will thank you, count me in!

I haven't decide if my mind is strong enough yet, or if I've come so far in my disorder that I've passed denial and have reached acknowledgment yet. But I'm subscribing!

Guys, you need to add your name to the list -

1. charger
2. Kevdogg329
3. Abragus
4. Socialjunk95
5. B_market
6. Guru17
7. DatabaseMonk
8. Bergstedt
9. Zed117

I've done it for now.

Guys, you need to add your name to the list -

1. charger
2. Kevdogg329
3. Abragus
4. Socialjunk95
5. B_market
6. Guru17
7. DatabaseMonk
8. Bergstedt
9. Zed117

I've done it for now.

I don't know if your post was of friendly concern for our wallets, or more of a rule-abiding demand that we add our names if we want in. But I'll take it as a friendly concern, and sign up. Count me in! Just to be formal about it, I'll copy and paste the list you added, even though I'm not in the bottom.

1. charger
2. Kevdogg329
3. Abragus
4. Socialjunk95
5. B_market
6. Guru17
7. DatabaseMonk
8. Bergstedt
9. Zed117

I don't know if your post was of friendly concern for our wallets, or more of a rule-abiding demand that we add our names if we want in.

Neither. By adding our names ourselves, we reduce the work for the leaders - that's all. Sorry if you felt offended.

Neither. By adding our names ourselves, we reduce the work for the leaders - that's all. Sorry if you felt offended.

I did not. :) I hadn't made up my mind when I first made my post, but I don't know how to follow a thread if I don't post in it. So I posted, to be able to follow the thread, and therefore be able to sign up if I made up my mind. But I think that some constraint is only for the best.

Tally-ho!

I'm indeed in.

1. charger
2. Kevdogg329
3. Abragus
4. Socialjunk95
5. B_market
6. Guru17
7. DatabaseMonk
8. Bergstedt
9. Zed117
10. Xserror

I'm in. I'd unofficially started anyway, and joining here will give it teeth.

1. charger
2. Kevdogg329
3. Abragus
4. Socialjunk95
5. B_market
6. Guru17
7. DatabaseMonk
8. Bergstedt
9. Zed117
10. Xserror
11. Rory1262

I'm in too.

1. charger
2. Kevdogg329
3. Abragus
4. Socialjunk95
5. B_market
6. Guru17
7. DatabaseMonk
8. Bergstedt
9. Zed117
10. Xserror
11. Rory1262
12 . techblade01

I did not. :) I hadn't made up my mind when I first made my post, but I don't know how to follow a thread if I don't post in it. So I posted, to be able to follow the thread, and therefore be able to sign up if I made up my mind. But I think that some constraint is only for the best.
If using Tapatalk, just tap the star at the top of your screen. It should turn gold, this means you are subscribed. The thread will now be under subscribed l, this also subscribed you on the B&B website.

From B&B website, click thread tools at the top of the thread and select subscribe to this thread and then OK. To access your subscribed threads select forums, then sub category quick links. Under quick links should show subscribed threads.

Top Bottom