What's new

wish hair grew faster

I started double edge shaving three months ago. I have the razors several creams and couple of soaps. I shave my head and face. The only complaint i have is that my hair doesn't grow fast enough. I can only shave once a day at most some times not even that. I find myself making lather for fun and wasting it. Does anyone else have this problem. I used to hate to shave. Now my skin is soft bbs and a joy to feel. To everyone. I have girls constantly rubbing my head at the most awkward times. Just eating lunch and getting head rubbed . In front of there boyfriend. Boyfriend telling them to stop.old ladies at work every time I'm near. Other guys when we hang out. Sure i rub it also.

Yes, I know what you mean. Prior to leaving cartridges, I really was hating shaving, and would let it grow until I couldn't take it any more wishing it would just stop growing. Now, after 24 hours, I barely have enough shadow to justify putting a blade to my face so I wait for the 48 hour stubble and that wait is almost unbearable. I was blessed(cursed) with a slow growth.

After I shave BBS, I find that 24 hours later the stubble (or lack thereof) isn't enough to warrant a shave. However if I don't go for BBS, and just a DFS, at the 24 hour mark, my stubble is ready to be reduced.

I also find that when I try to BBS too many days in a row, my neck starts to get really irritated. So I save the BBS for 1 to maybe 2 days a week at most.

You are not alone. I've been shaving one month now and I'm an every other day shaver. However today was a really bad shave on my neck. So I'm gonna fire at it again in the morning with a fresh blade and different soap. I have RAD and BAD. I've acquired 9 Gillette razors and 5 Ever Ready brushes that I'm gonna restore. I've also got my teenage son involved in the madness. It's great watching him dig thru boxes at yard sales and flea market.

I feel your pain. Being required to shave daily makes it worse. I also have really weird angles hair growth so I try to just go WTG and XTG some days to reduce irritation. But by Friday I often look like ridiculous.

If your beard doesn't grow fast enough for you, you can still shave at any time. By doing your shave whenever you'll be working on your technique and things will just keep getting better.

Yeah, I know the feeling. When I first starting getting into this hobby, I used to always be in the bathroom messing with my shaving gear - whipping up lather, sniffing after shaves and soaps, etc. and I always couldn't wait until my next shave. But now, I'm ok with only shaving once per day and I don't really play with my gear as much. However, I do look at new razors, blades, soaps, creams, aftershaves, etc. online all the time. And everytime I go to a store, I always stop by the shaving section to see what they have. Though, I almost always leave disappointed.

I know what you mean. The other day, we were running late, and my wife told me to skip shaving that day. She said, "Give yourself a break." I thought to myself, "Break? What Break? What you are really saying is, 'deprive yourself of one of the most enjoyable parts of your morning.'"

Hey, enjoy it! You just turned a social obligation into a hobby you enjoy, whats not to love about that?!?

First thing that came to mind since we are approaching Halloween was the hair growth that the Wolf Man would undergo as he changed. Pretty certain more than a few on here would wake up in the morning feel a face full of beard and scamper off to the bathroom in glee.

When I used to shave with cartridges I hated it, I used to shave once every month. When I switched to DE shaving the first thing I did is I gave away all the new Fusion carts I had. Since that day I loved shaving, it never gets bored.

I'm getting such BBS now that it's 72 long hours between shaves. I hate it!! My stubble is growing much more uniform and neatly since the DE epiphany that I need to leave it to give the blade something to grab on to. I'd love to shave twice every day, one bowl lather, one face lather. Other than that, my skin is breathing a sigh of relief as the irritation from cartridge pull is completely gone now.

For me, it's more like, "I wish my face would recover faster." 48 hours seems like the right amount of time. I'm going to see what 36 hours does and if it's enough time for my face to recover.

Jay: Zed, don't you guys ever get any sleep around here?
Zed: The twins keep us on Centaurian time, standard thirty-seven hour day. Give it a few months. You'll get used to it... or you'll have a psychotic episode.

I don't know if anyone has ever used biotin but I've found it to help with facial hair growth. Its primarily used for hair health on your head and nail growth but, in some cases, it'll help facial hair growth as well. It doesn't work for everyone as I've looked at different studies on it and some say yes while others say no. I got lucky. It can also help the body regulate carbohydrate usage and regulate metabolism to help lose weight. It doesn't do that for me, but if it does for you then hey, just an extra perk I guess lol.

This is an interesting topic, as it just came up in a discussion the other day with someone I recruited back to DE wet shaving. The person told me for years he has detested having to shave every morning before work. He now looks forward to it, and has taken to shaving twice a day, in addition to considering it a hobby.

I have been wet shaving for years and other than a few backslides to a cartridge Atra, have been a DE, SE shaver. I still look forward to it, and most times shave twice a day. My wife loves the clean cut look, with a smooth freshly shaven face.

Top Bottom