What's new

In search of a sandalwood cream and as

I have recently finished a tub of AOS sandalwood cream and bottle of AOS aftershave lotion. I have proraso red and like it but would like something a little stronger. The AOS was great, smell, lather, but I don't like to use the same thing over and over. What's the best sandalwood scented cream and aftershave in your opinion?

TOBS Sandalwood cream is awfully nice IMHO. I have not smelled the A/S so cannot comment but if it is anything like the cream it is really good. As always, YMMV.

I actually rate Proraso #2 in the sandalwood department. TOBS is good and very popular, but I'm put off by the patchouli note.

Edwin Jagger and Geo F. Trumper (the other sandalwoods I have tried) are very nice as well, but don't have much of the sandalwood scent to them - I feel like it's more a name than a description on those lines.

Hmmm....Married??

Well, in any case, I find T&H sandalwood to be really nice, similar but not identical to AOS sandalwood.
Taylor's sandalwood is good, but a much deeper/woodsier scent.

Having said that, AoS is still be best of the sandalwood creams and aftershaves. IMO.

Hmmm....Married??

Well, in any case, I find T&H sandalwood to be really nice, similar but not identical to AOS sandalwood.
Taylor's sandalwood is good, but a much deeper/woodsier scent.

Having said that, AoS is still be best of the sandalwood creams and aftershaves. IMO.
Lol...yes I am married. ..but there are somethings that never get old.

I actually rate Proraso #2 in the sandalwood department. TOBS is good and very popular, but I'm put off by the patchouli note.

Edwin Jagger and Geo F. Trumper (the other sandalwoods I have tried) are very nice as well, but don't have much of the sandalwood scent to them - I feel like it's more a name than a description on those lines.
What do you rate number one? AOS?

IMO, AoS is the measuring stick for the Sandalwood scent. If you include performance, no other comes close.

I have not had the opportunity to try QCS sandalwood but it also gets rave reviews.

Yep, AOS is my favorite as well. I have tried a bunch too. AOS soap smells like a sandalwood cologne, TOBS smells more like soap, and QCS smells like a tree. I have not tried DR. Harris's new sandalwood soap but assume the smell is light but a great performer. AOS (old tallow version) is a great performer, but I haven't tried the latest formula.

As for AS, the Captains Choice Sandalwood is awesome and simple. Now, if we can push Joe at IB to offer the CC Sandalwood in one of his argan oil soap lines, that would be a killer combo.

Doesnt help you on your quest but maybe Joe will offer that concoction one day. Just my $0.02

I'd recommend you give either Cyril Salter's Indian Sandalwood or D.R. Harris's Marlborough a go for the creams out of all of the UK brands. I think a few B&Bers have previously said Salter's creams are not praised often enough and I'm with them on that.

I recently bought T&H Sandalwood and whilst the recent formulation is nice I think it's hard to distinguish the Sandalwood in it.
Cyril Salter's Indian Sandalwood cream on the other hand has a nice, spicy health shop scent BUT I think you can detect the Sandalwood in the background. It also performs very well. I think more should give Salter's creams a go.

D.R. Harris Marlborough is a blend of woods including Cedarwood and Sandalwood. The Sandalwood is detectable to my nose. It's a quality cream. I've not tried the Marlborough aftershave or cologne, but considering the cream is scented with the same stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if the Marlborough aftershave would suit?

I like the GFT Sandalwood cream. I enjoy the Skin Food as well but it smells nothing like Sandalwood at all.

I am not a huge fan of TOBS Sandalwood. Smells kind of powdery to me.

I have only tried one sandlewood scent and it was a soap rather than a cream. It was a Parker 100g block. Smells very rich and lathered great. It's pretty inexpensive, maybe give it a try.

Top Bottom