What's new

Finaly got my first COMPLETE straight shave!

Today I used my CJB with a feather professional blade and it seems things were actually in my favor today. I got a complete DFS with no need for cleanup at all. Usualy I have major troubles with my chin and upper lip, but today I got them! And the best part........ NO LEAKING!!!!!:thumbup:

I did get some irritation, but I am pretty sure it is from having too steep of an angle in a few spots and scraping.
Overall however, it was a great shave and, for me at least, a great accomplishment!

Thanks everybody. It may not seem like much to some, but it was a pretty nice personal accomplishment.

Congrats! I still haven't gotten to shave without a cleanup. Only using the straight once or twice a week doesn't help me, I'm sure.

That is about how much I use mine currently. I guess it takes a little longer that way, but since I still scrape occasionaly in some spots instead of cutting, I don't suffer the irritation so bad.

I have leaked before. I have an Alexis Witte with a square point. It has a grind tht makes the edge extremely thin and sings a lot. It also has a little wear and the point is very prominent now. I gave it a fresh hone and stropping, and the first two short strokes I got myself with both of them. I promptly set it down and used my de for the rest of the shave haha. It has a SUPER fine edge and does shave beautifully, but I am more accustomed to my round points, so it is taking a little more training on my part.

Thanks guys!
Rohrbach, stick with it, it is a great feeling of accomplishment as well as a great shave!

How many passes?
I have a ways to go, too. I've been all proud of getting a complete pass done with a straight (rarely with NO blood), but I"ve always had to "clean up" with a DE afterwards.

Congratulations! They say it gets better and easier....

Top Bottom