What's new

Catchy saying that make shaving sound cool.

"I mustache you not to shave with more than one blade at a time."

It looks like some people did 'knot' want to get tied up in this thread.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Everyone already thinks you're weird; prove them right.

I'm only 31, but I smell like your grandpa.

No I don't know where to buy cocaine. I actually shave with these.

Why are people inclined to advertise what they do or try and drag others along in their activities? I enjoy wet shaving as much as the next guy but don't really care to convince everybody else to pursue my activities. Do humans need to part of a large group in order to feel they're doing the right thing? Everyone wants to be different to the point that their all the same. Remember when only a very few had tattoos and were different and stood out from the crowd? Now everybody has tattoos and no one stands out. Seems weird.

Actually yes, for the most part they are.

And nothing's original once someone else starts doing it.

There is one other good side effect from getting more people to join the group so to speak.

If only a very few do something it is generally very expensive or time consuming.

Wouldn't you like to be able to find more of what you use in more than one or two places in the neighborhood let alone same city or state.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could share things locally instead of having to trade samples by mail and only a very few trades or PIFs happen here.

If you want the value of your collection to go up because it is pretty much a dead practice well then by all means make cartridge shaving the monopoly but I find this to be one thing worth bringing back.

And it would be nice if it wasn't only the old foggies who can afford the niceties of shaving.

Now if anybody has found some old way of wiping ones butt like corn cobs or sawdust then count me out.

And I thought it would be fun. I like to see people be creative.

I have always thought my son that consumers never make anything. But they do make things possible.

Last edited:
Not fond of the gun metaphor in the opening post. But here's mine:

"I do not brake for electrical razors"

When I had a gun in the house my wife was always worried I was going to use it on her.

When she saw me looking at straight razors she was worried I was going to use it on her.

Now you might be thinking that I'm some kind of raving gun nut, wife beating tough guy. I'm not either. My wife just has some strange phobia of things she thinks can kill her. Once in a while she has a nightmare where I'm killing her in some spooky lakefront house.

So that's the long story on the gun metaphor.

But feel free to use sports, cars, cigars, pens or even farm animals or sex. Just not farm animals and sex together. That would be weird. At least for all but a Kiwi.

I don't want to limit anyone. This is about fun and creativity.

Be comfortable, use DE.

"Shave like your GrandDad."

"I left my carts (and goop) in San Francisco."

"BBS On Board."

"WARNING: Driver may be Faceturbating."

"Prepared for The Shavepocalypse."

Top Bottom