What's new

Neck Irritation / pre shave with Nivea hand cream

I have done the same with Noxzema and I find it spreads better mixed with glycerine. Stopped my irritation right away. I use it once at the beginning of the shave and lather right over it.

Currently trying a few days without it to see if I still need it.

Not to stray too far from the topic, but there are 3 (technically 4) versions of Nivea. Germany of course...Mexico (2 versions), and believe it or not, Thailand.

German Ingredients:

Aqua, paraffinum liquidum, cera microcristalline, glycerin, lanolin alcohol, paraffin, panthenol, decyl oleate, octyldodecanol, aluminum stearate, citric acid, magnesium sulfate, magnesium stearate, parfum, limonene, geraniol, hydroxycitronellol, linalool, citronellol, benzyl benzoate, cinnamyl alcohol.

Mexico (Version 1):
Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone

Mexico (Version 2, 400 ml jar):
Water, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Glycerin, Ceresin, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Octyldodecanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Aluminum and Magnesium Stearates, Perfume, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid

Thai version:
Water, Mineral Oil, Microcrystalline Wax, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance

A close comparison shows that the Thai version looks closest to the orginal German formula. Hope this helps.

Brad

I use Noxzema cream as a pre-shave on those occasions when I have neck irritation. I rub it on and let it sit while I load my brush and lather over the top of it. It works great and really soothes the irritation.

+1 on Noxzema. More luxurious but much pricier alternatives are Proraso and Edwin Jagger preshave lotions.

GOOOOD! I couldn't get the Noxema (cheap enough), but since I live in Germany, I will try the Nivea. I already the Nivea Aftershave, Balm and deodorant, so why not the cream :001_smile

Used the cream, loved the cream, now part of my shaving routine :thumbup:

Thanks for the tip, BBS on the cheeks DFS on the neck.

I will go to my home town in Mexico for the winter holidays, I will probably get the Noxzema there and try it. I like the eucalyptus kick idea.

Excellent reporting !!!
May I suggest to apply a limited amount of Nivea on your sensitive skin areas but only on a humid skin and not damped. Yes Nivea is hydrophobic...!

I usually leave the cream soften my skin 3-5 minutes before I shave.

Last but not least I bowl lather and just paint my face.

Cheers

Well done Sir
This is not a parchwork but an engineering program !

I immagine this could perfectly suit straight shavers ....clogging (if ever) might not be a problem !

I would encourage the administrators to make your work available in the Wiki area !

Meanwhile thank you very much for sharing and for your time

Last edited:
Top Bottom