What's new

Important Palmolive Menthol question answered

Today, after lathering I unwittingly licked my lips & discovered that Palmolive Menthol tastes EVERY bit as good as it smells!

On a more serious note, PM considerably cushioned the formidable bite of my Muhle R41. It was a noticeable difference.

Tasted, no. But if I was half awake it wouldn't be hard to confuse it with my toothpaste...

Oh, and +1 it being an excellent performer!

I just recently tried it for the first time. And I really like the lather I get from it. It also has enough menthol for me to feel the coolness of it. (I never got that from Proraso green old or new formula.) The scent is a nice as well. All in all I really like it. That being said... I don't see my self licking up any lather any time soon...

I have some of that, found on sale, but haven't tried it yet. I just a favorable review by Nick Shaves on YouTube about the shave soap stick and I'd like to try that.

I like the European Palmolive shaving products (other versions do exist): nice lather at a very reasonable price.

Strangely, the Classic version is sold in green packaging in Northern Europe and in red packaging in Southern Europe.
The green packaging in Southern Europe is used for the Menthol version.

Hence the Palmolive shaving cream in the green packaging that you reach for could be a Classic (Northern Europe) or a Menthol (Southern Europe) shaving cream.
The shade of green is different, but can easily be overlooked.

Also worth trying: Palmolive shaving stick (about 0.74 Euros (US $0.91) in some European drugstore chains).
Excellent value and the compact size comes very handy when travelling.

I always make sure I have some at home.

B.

Last edited:
Top Bottom