What's new

Water based Pomades suggestions

American Crew. They come in a variety of textures and finishes. You can find big tubs of it at most supermarkets, about $12

I bought a small 15g sampler at Hair Cuttery for about $1.50 several years ago. I'm still using it. A tiny little bit goes a long way.

American Crew. They come in a variety of textures and finishes. You can find big tubs of it at most supermarkets, about $12

I bought a small 15g sampler at Hair Cuttery for about $1.50 several years ago. I'm still using it. A tiny little bit goes a long way.
+1

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I am in the hunt for a water based pomade ,decent hold/shine,that won't dry my hair. Any pointers?

Anchors Teddy Boy Original could be perfect for what you are looking for. Of the water based I've tried this is the only one that does not dry out. Let me repeat it again, it does NOT dry out at all and this is pretty amazing for a water based pomade.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Do many prefer water based pomades because they wash out easier?

Water based pomades are easier to wash out and, in many cases, also easier to apply and comb. I think they are a great way to start with pomades, especially for those who come from gels and want a higher quality product to style their hair.

I'm of the opinion that if I need to use a gel, pomade, mousse or other product to make my hair stay in place, then its time to get a haircut.

I only use them when my hair gets too long to control on its own, and then, only for one or two shampoos, until I get it cut.

When I do need to use it, the American Crew sample that I've been using for 3 or 4 years works wonders. Burt's Bees Hair Gel is another option during warm weather.

And I use Jeris Hair Tonic year-round, and a Rinseless Shampoo, but not all the time. I mainly use them as a shampoo substitute when I don't have time for a full shower.

Anchors Teddy Boy Original could be perfect for what you are looking for. Of the water based I've tried this is the only one that does not dry out. Let me repeat it again, it does NOT dry out at all and this is pretty amazing for a water based pomade.

Marco, do any of our vendors carry that?

Could you please describe the scent ?

Mille grazie

Marco is a hell of a narrator. He convinced me to buy Anchors Teddy Boy Original, which I did not need at all right now.

Top Bottom